Looking for a switch

PeterCr

Featured Posts

Our shower gulper has become a little intermittent. I often need to turn it on and off several times before it goes. My inclination is that it’s the switch, one of those small black ones. And I figure that if I replace the switch and the problem is the same it’s the gulper.

We’re heading up the Staffs and Worcester and turning right at Great Haywood. Does anyone know of a good well stocked chandlery on the way that might have a switch? I’ve rung several but no joy. Thanks

Inclination isn't fault finding. Also worth looking at the connections to the switch the connections to the gulper, the fuse in the gulper circuit just to make sure they are not dirty, loose, or otherwise intermittent, including the return path wiring.

The switch does sound like the highest probability though from what you say. Can you post a picture? The important things for replacement are the hole it goes through (round, square, size?) and voltage and current rating. A whale gulper pump is a relatively high current inductive load, so is hard on switches and is more likely to burn out the internal contacts over time.

If no one comes up with a chandlers on your route, then any place that sells car parts, like a motor factors, or even Halfords, or a place like The Range will sell a variety of 12V toggle switches in round, or rectangular opening types that could well suit your pump. Any town of reasonable size will have a variety of these. Take the old one with you. You'll be passing Stafford, so a walk and bus will get you in to the town.

Jen

17 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I've often thought about having an Amazon delivered but then decided against it as the wife might not understand.

Last time we had a river delivered by amazon, my wife drank it in a little over 3.14 weeks. It was the Mrs sip pi (miss is sip pi.)

OK, OK. I'm going. I'm going. 

Edited by rusty69
  • Greenie 1