Private mooring

Littlegrebe

Featured Posts

What do you mean by private mooring? It isn't a commonly used phrase. The navigable waterway through Retford is the Chesterfield Canal. Are you looking to visit there by boat and moor up in the town for an hour/day/week, or moor a boat permanantly? Do you have a house in Retford along the canal and want to set up an end of garden mooring and wondering how to go about it? Are you looking for a privately owned paid mooring for boats, rather than CaRT owned mooring sites? Are you wanting to avoid such moorings to moor where any one can moor? Must it be within the bounds of Retford? How far each side would you consider? For example, Clayworth has a boat club with moorings.

Apologies for the long list. Trying to work out what you are looking for.

Jen

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies

I spent my lockdown in Clayworth,  it proved ideal. The Chesterfield canal is very rural, a bit shallow, so you will need a pole!

Retford and Worksop Boat Club have a website, and should help you with local info..

Edited by LadyG

1 hour ago, Littlegrebe said:

Hi everyone does anyone know if there's any private mooring in retford please?

I'd say yes definitely, someone will know. 

(To underline Jen's point about your question being so sketchy as to be impossible to answer constructively.)

• Haha 1

As has been raised above if it's permanent then they are few and far between that have availability. It might be worth trying Retford Mariners in the Town Centre. There are moorings at Retford & Worksop Boat Club in Clayworth but there is a waiting list for permanent moorings. There are however usually visitor spaces at this time of year.