Navigation lights on ribble link

jessie

Featured Posts

Are nav lights compulsary on the Ribble link? I can't find anything in the skipper's guide about it, or on CRT website, or on these forums from a search. Sure I heard that they are but seems odd that it's not mentioned anywhere.

I would have a green light and a red light and a white light available in case of poor vis, and probably one means of finding my destination. Weather can close in. You can buy emergency lights cheaply.

I did my Yachtmaster on  emergency lighting as scratch crew had managed to break the standard wiring, but not had the bottle to confess. 

Edited by LadyG

28 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Simple answer is no.  You will not be going in the dark, or poor visibility.  You need life jackets for all on board and an anchor.

Agreed. VHF is nice but a fully charged mobile works as well. Check your cooling system! 

7 minutes ago, jessie said:

Thanks all, I bought them but not fitted, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

@LadyGI was going to do it single handed but managed to cajole friend and family to help. Are you doing it this year? 

That's the plan 😎

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

I would have a green light and a red light and a white light available in case of poor vis, and probably one means of finding my destination. Weather can close in. You can buy emergency lights cheaply.

I did my Yachtmaster on  emergency lighting as scratch crew had managed to break the standard wiring, but not had the bottle to confess. 

The emergency ones I have seen you may as well have someone smoking a fag on the Port side.

• Greenie 1

5 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

The emergency ones I have seen you may as well have someone smoking a fag on the Port side.

I used some sticks that ignite, single use only, but they were Ok, you could use a bike light, quite bright. Cheaper than a packet of twenty Senior Service.

6 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Yup, was sorely disappointed when I bought a set of 3 for £15 only to realise that they were just 3x99p bike lights with a colour tint. Chocolate fireguard/teapot comes to mind.

15 hours ago, BilgePump said:

Yup, was sorely disappointed when I bought a set of 3 for £15 only to realise that they were just 3x99p bike lights with a colour tint. Chocolate fireguard/teapot comes to mind.

Thats them

image.png.ef38b01b0f016ab6a8fb6f7cfa70fe35.pngimage.png.9373e557ba07830bbfba296c10f37cc6.png

Edited by ditchcrawler