Nothing to ask or say really.....

mikes

Featured Posts

Carl - they are ALL general boating topics LOL......remember.

Because only BOATERS will find this forum in the first place :rolleyes::rolleyes:<_<:)

IDEA All the usual posters put the general boating section in favourites.....then only visit that section. Most of the questions in the other zillion headings will remain unanswered, and so the topics will remain too boring to read, except in the General Boating section, so SUCCESS.

Edited by Supermalc

if a mod decides this is not a'general boating' topic and moves it to the vp, does the count go back down to 2999?

If it were to get moved to the VP then it would sit quite comfortably among other topics that are not anything about anything, as far as topics that would fit this category the prime example has to be the Fridaaay thread

Well done for achieving the 3000 th post!

IDEA All the usual posters put the general boating section in favourites.....then only visit that section. Most of the questions in the other zillion headings will remain unanswered, and so the topics will remain too boring to read, except in the General Boating section, so SUCCESS.

When I click on my CWDF bookmark it takes me automatically to 'view new posts' so all the sections are theoretical anyway. I only go to the 'index' page to check on birthdays.

Edited to say: just had a look and it's still not my birthday, godammit!

Edited by carlt

Trouble is, I always click view new posts......course I could bookmark, but.......maybe I just miss reading the topics, it's not unknown LOL, but there are some posts I do miss. A good while ago I actually upset, no annoyed, no ignored someone unintentionally, as I missed a reply.

Still say it would be better with only one section........or at least one section to post in. I mean, even if you post in buy/sell, unless it comes up in view new posts, who checks that daily....not me. It's why I have to post in general boating first, relying on the mods to move it.

Agree with BSP 100%

However, if you've nothing to ask, you must be a knowitall very clever.

And if you've nothing to say, well selfish to pass it on a shy person.

:):D:D:lol:

I have got something to ask and have just started a new thread (Saul Junction Marina). Just didn't want to miss the "slot". As for having something to ask, just wait until we get onto the serious boat buying stage :rolleyes: then I will be asking for <_<

So far I have tried to search the forum for answers rather than start a new thread only to get pointed towards another thread by some smartarse well meaning person that already answers my question :rolleyes:

Mike

A great many of our members prefer the structure of separate subforums, so that they need only view those forums which they are interested in. If you prefer to see all the posts together, as mentioned above you can use "View New Posts" and if necessary tell it to show you all posts in the last day, week, fortnight, month, etc, in a simple list.

But the fact remains that this particular subforum, General Boating, is defined as being "For general dicussion on the waterways of the world! Ask any questions about boating and licensing in here". That does not mean that any topic that happens to be posted by a boater is relevant here, any more than it is logical to say that boaters find this forum therefore everything in it is general boating.

Please post your non-boating topics in the non-boating sub-forums folks.

Cool! Well spotted and it's nice for a landmark thread such as number 3000 not to be anything about anything. Yay! :rolleyes:

Surely as it's not about anything, it fits in EVERY subforum <_<

First prize to Mike, for the most amusing topic, that covers everything :rolleyes:

Dives to avoid incoming ...... (but still can't spelk)
:rolleyes: (If that is possible in this thread! <_< )The secret to fewer spelling mistakes when using a browser is to switch to Firefox with its inbuilt spellchecker (works just like the Word spellcheck by underlining unrecognised words with a red line as you type). You can also add words to the dictionary - as I am going to have to do with "spellchecker" - which it does not recognise :rolleyes: Mike Edited by mikes