Photos......

Supermalc

Featured Posts

Funny, but I took a bit of trouble taking the picture of Wud in Bottom Lock once again.

Went up on the Bridge, told Barney to walk back, and then stand (which I did from a distance, and he obeyed :blink: so with the sun glinting I thought I'd get one of the best pictures I have there, and look ........ it's crap :smiley_offtopic:

kymeoct07three.jpg

Funny, but I took a bit of trouble taking the picture of Wud in Bottom Lock once again.

Went up on the Bridge, told Barney to walk back, and then stand (which I did from a distance, and he obeyed :blink: so with the sun glinting I thought I'd get one of the best pictures I have there, and look ........ it's crap :smiley_offtopic:

kymeoct07three.jpg

Is it the over exposure that is bugging you? Half depressing the shutter release while aiming the light sensitive bit at the brightest bit of Wud might have made a difference. But you probably know that...

Nick

It's wrong for all the above points. With it being a sunny autumn day, you would think it should be ideal to take a decent piccy. Yet the ones I took INTO the sun, shading the camera with my hand are far better.

It's only a cheap digital that has always had a colour (or lack of) problem. Phones take much better pics, but I've discovered I can usually make up for these discrepancies with the editing programs. I use Adobe Photodelux, which I got with my scanner and printer in May 1999, and is still the best (most suitable) for me to use.

Boat and dog are pointing the same direction, and I seem to have framed it ok. It looked great looking down from the bridge , so it's a bit disappointing, as I was hoping for one of my best of Wud, instead of one of the worst.

Of course black and white are difficult to get correct exposure. This camera deals with it quite well, although again it always requires altering. It doesn't have a central small square for exposure, as most better ones do.

kymeoct07three.jpg

Taking pictures this time of the year can be a very rewarding or frustrating experience.

In this case you have the worst circumstances for confusing a digital camera, a bright white boat, a darker background and lots of shadow -

To get the best out of a photo like this you need to position yourself to avoid getting too much shadow in the picture and, as someone else has stated, taking the reading from the background rather than from the white boat.

Tim

Thanks Tim - of course you're right. With a digital there is usually no excuse for not getting a good picture, because you can take as many as you like (as professionals do with film) If photography had been the reason, I would like to think I could have taken at least one decent one.

Some of my best pics of my boats have been on that small mooring below the lock :smiley_offtopic: I'm not saying they are professional, but are adequate.

naiadblmooring.jpg

kyme07.jpg

Thanks Steve.....and Adrian, He too PMd me a picture he had enhanced.

I've plenty of photos of Wud, so it isn't important, but is interesting, and a bit of fun.

One thing I think we can all learn from this is how important light is, and how we take for granted what we see. I'm a crap artist, really. I struggle to draw a straight line, and most 5 year olds can do better. But this demonstrates just how difficult, or skilled some painters are, to capture light (because that is what a reproduced image is) if you use a camera, digital or otherwise, or paper and pencil, or canvas and oils.

Between the birds chucking seeds everywhere and the flooding, we have ended up with this sunflower!

Beth wanted a picture of it before it dies so, as this morning was particularly nice, I thought I'd get one. Of course Kenny had to get in there but I thought it came out quite nice! Pity about my shadow though!

54iv05l.jpg