Lister pull stop part?

Fenny_Compton

Featured Posts

Hello all,

I've recently installed an LPW3 which I bought second hand and have come to a head with the pull stop cable.

In previous experience there is a brass piece with a grub screw in it that clamps the pull stop cable whilst being held on to the 'fuel cut off arm' with a smooth pivot and split pin. 

Alas, the hole where this usually goes has a thread in it and I for the life of me can't figure out what the part is that should go here to hold the pull stop cable and operate the mechanism. 

I've tried my usual chandlery's who all point towards the usual brass pivot with a grub screw which I know won't fit. 

Any ideas or insights would be welcomed and appreciated! Photo attached

IMG_2171.jpg

Drill out the hole on the lever. Get a local model engineer to make up a fitting like the standard one, but with a longer pin to suit the thicker lever.

Or screw a meccano strip to the lever using a bolt into the tapped hole, then attach the standard fitting to the meccano strip.

Edited by David Mack
  • Greenie 2

Originally an Alpha marine engine would have had a bolt on bracket/arm that would bolt on to the stop control. It would hang down below the level of the stop control and have a hole in the lower end to take the fitting that has been previously mentioned.

4 hours ago, David Mack said:

Drill out the hole on the lever. Get a local model engineer to make up a fitting like the standard one, but with a longer pin to suit the thicker lever.

Or screw a meccano strip to the lever using a bolt into the tapped hole, then attach the standard fitting to the meccano strip.

That's straight from the splendid Bizzard Book of Boat Building.