Barrus shanks engine

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Roy foster said:

Barrus shanks 45 engine heater replacement  glow plugs ?

??????

Do they have glow plugs? (I don't know). If so phone E  P Barrus of Bicester.

Or are you asking for after market ones?

Edited by Tony Brooks
  • Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

??????

4 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

??????

10 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

??????

After market ones 

10 minutes ago, Roy foster said:

After market ones 

Is that a part number out of a spares catalogue or printed on the plug?

It is an uncommon engine, so unless someone has had plug problems, I don't fancy your chances from a Barrus or Korean part number. However, if you take on out and post a photo alongside a rule we may be able to identify the plug and thus answer your question.

3 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Is that a part number out of a spares catalogue or printed on the plug?

It is an uncommon engine, so unless someone has had plug problems, I don't fancy your chances from a Barrus or Korean part number. However, if you take on out and post a photo alongside a rule we may be able to identify the plug and thus answer your question.

Some posters do not do themselves any favours - is that a phone number, are you expected to call him ?

Edit to add - tracking it as a phone number shows it is locted in the Manchester area.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

Some posters do not do themselves any favours - is that a phone number, are you expected to call him ?

I agree, but he may well be technically clueless, a bit like that paramedic who seemed incapable or unwilling to help himself solve his problem.

I feel we should at least give such people a chance and see what they do.

7 minutes ago, Roy foster said:

No my phone number as not sure what I am doing ring me and hang up and I will ring you back please 

RDG 210A18.    Or.  L375-12200-I.    Is the part numbers I can find 

I’m sorry if you think I am clueless but at 78.5 yrs memory is not what it was and I hate to ask for help so if you cannot help please say so 

I have just taken off cylinder head had it skimmed injectors replaced. Water pump taken apart. Valves ground and seated etc etc. And put together by me. Just wanted a to replace glow plugs silly to have asked should have known better 

1 minute ago, Roy foster said:

I have just taken off cylinder head had it skimmed injectors replaced. Water pump taken apart. Valves ground and seated etc etc. And put together by me. Just wanted a to replace glow plugs silly to have asked should have known better 

Do you know that the glow plugs are faulty ?

46 minutes ago, Roy foster said:

I’m sorry if you think I am clueless but at 78.5 yrs memory is not what it was and I hate to ask for help so if you cannot help please say so 

Now you have clarified the situation, we have a much better idea of what you want. I googled the part number and it seems it will have to be an import but having found an image they look very long plugs but I have seen long plugs in a Mitsubishi Shogun (I think), so I would take one to your local motor factors and see if they can match it up.

Edited by Tony Brooks

4inch long it’s the thread size which is the problem but I will go to a local motor shop as suggested thank you for your help Roy   Barrus was less than helpful would not even give me the part number for the head gasket no full sets you have to order each gasket separately 

If you can find another machine, that used the same base engine, there might be a whole different dealer network out there.

We have a Vetus engine, but the same base engine was used on a range of mini-diggers, often my parts come from non Vetus sources.

Bod