Jump to content

Epever Xtra N Series Solar Controller Settings


Featured Posts

Can anyone help me with how I can alter the settings for the Float Voltage on the above Controller. I can get to the part where I select User Defined Battery but cannot get to the part to then alter the individual settings?

Link to post
Share on other sites

XTRA-SMS-EL-V1.3.pdf

 

Can you actually do that? Aren't the float voltages pre-set, when you select the battery type. I've had a brief look at a PDF of the unit and can't see anything obvious, in the way of setting. 

 

 

Edited by Higgs
Link to post
Share on other sites

They are pre-set for the Types Gel, Sealed and Flooded but there is a 4th type called User which it says can then be set as you wish with some proviso's about the relationship between the voltage settings. The manual gives the guidelines but not how to actually make the settings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GeoffS said:

They are pre-set for the Types Gel, Sealed and Flooded but there is a 4th type called User which it says can then be set as you wish with some proviso's about the relationship between the voltage settings. The manual gives the guidelines but not how to actually make the settings.

 

Yes, I've just noticed the user column. set between 9v-17v. Haven't spotted the buttons to press - yet. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

From memory on my Tracer/mt50 you just go to the user profile and edit the numbers using the arrows.  Same way as changing the time etc.

 

Words from my manual😟

 

 Operating Steps
Under Battery Voltage interface, long press ENTER button enter into the 
interface of Battery type setting. After choosing the battery type by pressing 
SELECT button, waiting for 5 seconds or pressing ENTER button again to modify successfully.

Edited by Loddon
Link to post
Share on other sites

Parameters can be entered by pressing select, then holding the enter button for 5s. Then - press select, to reach the parameters to adjust. Change setting, then press enter, within 10s. It seems that you can go through the battery types and reach user, as an option. Hope it gives you the control you need. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The newer Tracer controllers need a computer interface cable or a WiFi/Bluetooth connection to the app to adjust advanced settings.

 

The older ones can be set via the remote display as @Loddon says.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

The newer Tracer controllers need a computer interface cable or a WiFi/Bluetooth connection to the app to adjust advanced settings.

 

The older ones can be set via the remote display as @Loddon says.

This is what I feared.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shouldn't be an expensive problem to use a laptop to control the tracer.

 

I have just had one of these

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EP-Solar-Tracer-EN-MPPT-Controller-Communication-Cable-CC-USB-RS485-150U-To-PC-/191857917563

 

delivered to see if my old tracer will work with the PC software interface. The bumph says it should.

Software available on the epever site.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. What I feared was that it would need a stupidly expensive 'Module' to connect to it like the Victron Equipment does. I will take a look at the leads. Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GeoffS said:

Can anyone help me with how I can alter the settings for the Float Voltage on the above Controller. I can get to the part where I select User Defined Battery but cannot get to the part to then alter the individual settings?

 

Which screen module have you got? Is it just lights and buttons, or is there a display?

 

Have you seen this manual? Page 25 and 31 seem to discuss settings and connections to PC, Phone App, via cables, wifi and bluetooth. 

 

https://www.epsolarpv.com/upload/file/1811/XTRA-SMS-EL-V1.3.pdf

 

Like Julian, I have the MT50 display connected to my older EPever, which has no facility for a built in display and no lights and buttons for settings, (2 lights, 1 button).

Edited by Richard10002
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been playing with the software 😠

On the link above there is also as well as the windows version an Android version that looks like it might work well and be simpler. Can't fully tell until I get to the boat next week😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Richard10002 said:

 

Which screen module have you got? Is it just lights and buttons, or is there a display?

 

Have you seen this manual? Page 25 and 31 seem to discuss settings and connections to PC, Phone App, via cables, wifi and bluetooth. 

 

https://www.epsolarpv.com/upload/file/1811/XTRA-SMS-EL-V1.3.pdf

 

Like Julian, I have the MT50 display connected to my older EPever, which has no facility for a built in display and no lights and buttons for settings, (2 lights, 1 button).

That is the manual I got with the unit. The screen has a display and buttons.

 
 

20210503_174013.jpg

Edited by GeoffS
Link to post
Share on other sites

This video suggests that you need to have a connection to a PC or MT50 unit, or Phone app, in order to adjust the User Parameters. The relevant bit is from 4:10 onwards, and at 4:38 he refers to using an "external MT50 to set the parameters".

 

 

So, given that the user manual stops at setting it to the User Defined Setting and this video talks about the external MT50, it looks like you need something external to enter and change the setting parameters - which I would find incredibly irritating if I'd bought the unit with the top level display panel :( 

 

In reality, my recollection is that the MT50 isn't too expensive, maybe a bit less irritating:

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/display-MT50-10A-40A-controllers-10A-60A/dp/B01C8TKY8I/ref=asc_df_B01C8TKY8I/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309893255017&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1536008515630376539&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046455&hvtargid=pla-562027570293&psc=1

 

 

Edited by Richard10002
Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks for this Richard. Yes it seems either an MT50 or a Comms Cable is needed both of which (if bought from a UK supplier) will end up costing about the same. I will contact the supplier first and see what their response is. Thanks again

  • Greenie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The decision I have made after various discussions, is to buy a WiFi Unit and to connect this via an Android App supplied from the Epever website and not the ones on the Play Store which are not official. Will update once I have received and installed it.

  • Greenie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought this Adaptor

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392943898051

 

and downloaded this Android App direct from Epever

 

https://www.epsolarpv.com/upload/file/1903/Charge Controller(Sealed).apk

 

Once the phone is connected to the WiFi Box the readings from the Charge Controller can be read. After changing the Battery Type to User on the Controller the settings can be changed and then sent back to the Controller.

  • Greenie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.