Hello

morrisminor

Featured Posts

What a brilliantly active forum, glad I found it, I`m not exactly new to narrow boating, took my first trip in 1983, but am relatively inexperienced.

My last trip was the stourport ring in 2005, the hottest week of the year, I needed a second week at home to recover.

I`m off to Llangollen first week of November which I`m not sure is the best idea I`ve ever had ie the weather { Wales isn`t renowned for it`s green green grass for nothing } but I might be pleasently surprised with all this global warming going on.

Anyway wish me luck I`m off to browse the rest of the forum for useful tips for my impending holiday.

Regards

Andy

What a brilliantly active forum, glad I found it, I`m not exactly new to narrow boating, took my first trip in 1983, but am relatively inexperienced.

My last trip was the stourport ring in 2005, the hottest week of the year, I needed a second week at home to recover.

I`m off to Llangollen first week of November which I`m not sure is the best idea I`ve ever had ie the weather { Wales isn`t renowned for it`s green green grass for nothing } but I might be pleasently surprised with all this global warming going on.

Anyway wish me luck I`m off to browse the rest of the forum for useful tips for my impending holiday.

Regards

Andy

Welcome to the forum and good luck Andy. The Llangollen is on my list of canals to do so let me know what you think of it.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy

Welcome to the forum.

Hope you have a good trip, not a bad time to do the Llangollen it should be fairly quiet. Have you checked the stopage situation for November there is some maintenance scheduled for the first week.

<_<

Ken

Active? OHH Yes

Lively? OHH Yes

Interesting? OHH Yes (picture the dog!!! :o:o )

Entertaining? OHHHHH Yes (more hot debates than Corrie and eastenders put together. <_<

Céid míla Fáilte (a hundred thousand welcomes)

And we are the ONLY forum with our own official beer hamster and pink eflunt!

HMMMM Pink Effluent.......

Does that type smell of rosie? I mean Roses..

edit..... damn spelling

Edited by Shinner

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy and welcome.

We did Llangollen in a hired boat last October and it was a great trip - fantastic scenery, great weather and Llangollen itself is full of interest. Take time if you can to walk up to Telford's Horseshoe Falls and go for ride on the steam train. On the way back from the Falls there's a small, eccentric motor museum which, judging by your forum name, you might be interested in.

Best wishes

SteveE

Thanks for the info everyone, I will indeed try to post a cruise log. It will probably involve how much rain is falling outside various pub windows but hey, doesn`t sound too bad.

Stoppages seem worrying, I`ll go and check that out now.

You are indeed right about the motor museum being of interest, I might not need to go anywhere else.

Just had a quick look at stoppages on Llangollen and I found this.

Stoppage: Hurleston Lock Flight

Part of the winter stoppage programme

Lock maintenance

Winding available downstream at Hurleston Junction, and upstream between Bridges 5 and 6

Does this mean anything to anyone.

Regards

Andy

Just had a quick look at stoppages on Llangollen and I found this.

Stoppage: Hurleston Lock Flight

Part of the winter stoppage programme

Lock maintenance

Winding available downstream at Hurleston Junction, and upstream between Bridges 5 and 6

Does this mean anything to anyone.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy

if you are hiring on the Llangollen you will be ok that is at the end where it joins shropshire union nobody will be able to get on or off the Llangollen have a good time.

Hi,

It may not be good................. You can not go up or down those locks ! If your boat is above ( West ) of them then you will be able to cruise the Llangollen canal but if you are below ( East ) you will not be able to enter the canal....

Regards Patrick. :lol:

Ps. Already answered by Barney.

Edited by bargiepat

Regards

Andy

welcome andy.

like you im a first timer on this excellent website.makes a big change to reading or

watching the deverstation of the planet.

Sunny Novembers can never be guaranteed, but we'll keep our fingers crossed for you!

Welcome to the forum. Hope you'll stick around and join in. You'll find plenty of tips by searching, but if you don't get the information you need, then just ask. There's always someone who can help.

Janet

Shouldn't that be "Céad míle Fáilte"?

Chris

HEy Chris... I find it hard enough to spell in English most of the time never mind Irish.. :lol:

It takes me half an hour just to post something this long

(Fixed) :lol:

Edit..... At least I would have if there was an bloody edit button!!!!

Edited by Shinner