Boat services on Upper Grand Union

Lincoln

Featured Posts

Hello there.  I wondered if some one could help with advice on getting services for my boat.  I will be needing pumpout,  gas and my diesel tanks topping up for winter.  But im having problems trying to find a yard or anywhere really to get sorted out.  Im at Warwick atm,  just near the Cape of good hope.  I plan on going towards Kings Norton on the North Stratford before going into Brum. 

All the yards like Delta had no one about and no service area to even moor up by.  (All taken over by temp moorers hooked up and washing out)   Kates boats where either closed or not selling diesel to the general public.  I have asked and was told Saltisford basin has been closed off by a boat at the entrance!  Another liveaboard guy said he always goes to the garage with containers.

It seems this area does not cater to owner boaters.  Any help where i can go?

I don’t think Kate boats sell deisel to the public.

On the North Stratford you have Swallow Cruisers and Lyons boatyard

Allso on the North Straford for diesel you have Earlswood, with their swish new wharf, and Wearings Green Wharf, but they don’t  take cards and I think are 60/40 only.

We past there in July and they had 5he day boat there then, rhey hav2 done this through lockdown I believe.

Will the North Stratford work for you!  Bear in mind there you will enter a tier 2 area when you get to Hockley Heath.

19 hours ago, Lincoln said:

They wernt joking about blocking off the Saltisford junction:  Its a local shop for local people.  An you aint invited!

599510071_saltisfordarm.jpg.b55ae3232d08eee61b6c828e339b61f7.jpg

I'm surprised to hear that - they're always very accommodating. In addition to the advice above on North Stratford facilities, there's a CRT pump out station at Kingswood Junction, just before you go up the Lapworth locks - you'll need a CRT pre-paid card.

6 hours ago, Dave123 said:

If you need to go there to get essential fuel supplies for heating etc then you can enter anywhere, even if it was the level of lockdown we had in the spring, which no where is.?

I don’t believe there are any travel restrictions, but  what he would not be able to do is meet someone inside a pub, only in the garden.

Thanks for the replys.

I got hold of the Saltisford Canal Center.   They are fine for pumpouts and gas - Just need to book with them.   They can then move the day boat to allow access to the service bay.

Lovely people.   All sorted apart from fuel, but thats not a problem as im still 1/2 full.

53 minutes ago, Lincoln said:

Thanks for the replys.

I got hold of the Saltisford Canal Center.   They are fine for pumpouts and gas - Just need to book with them.   They can then move the day boat to allow access to the service bay.

Lovely people.   All sorted apart from fuel, but thats not a problem as im still 1/2 full.

No, you are half empty, and at this time of year need to stop condensation in your fuel tank so keep it topped up.