Bingley 5 - worrying YouTube vlog re safety

gbclive

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

In this case it was an experienced boater reporting what happened and why to an inexperienced hire boater who also probably saved a sinking. Not sure how long the boat was. I don't think the hire boater needed to be that close, but he was.

The blog says it was 70 feet so quite a tight fit. I know when we came up there recently (and did the Bunbury shuffle) that Iain kept the boat well back to void the wtaer pouring through the gates

5 minutes ago, haggis said:

The blog says it was 70 feet so quite a tight fit. I know when we came up there recently (and did the Bunbury shuffle) that Iain kept the boat well back to void the wtaer pouring through the gates

A bit different to not having a problem in a 57 foot boat then.

• Greenie 1

Better to work the staircase by opening top and middle paddles at the same time and not bothering filling the top lock first.  With that much leakage I presume the top lock would have been fairly empty when they arrived.

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

A bit different to not having a problem in a 57 foot boat then.

Yes I agree. I was trying to make the point that with a full length boat it would be tricky as they wouldn't be able to stay as far back as we did.