Changing ISP

cuthound

Featured Posts

An alternative is to find a permanent email address, which you then set up to forward to your actual email address. That way, after your next round of changing email addresses with online shopping etc, you will never need to do it again. You just need to change (once) where your email forwards to. You use your permanent address to register with websites, give out to people, etc.  At least two ways of doing this:

* set up a gmail address with Google, and then set up a fillter to forward all email somewhere else

* buy your own domain name (cuthound.org.uk is available for £9 a year from names.co.uk) and then forward all email somewhere else. 

I do both, for rather complex reasons!

2 hours ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

An alternative is to find a permanent email address, which you then set up to forward to your actual email address. That way, after your next round of changing email addresses with online shopping etc, you will never need to do it again. You just need to change (once) where your email forwards to. You use your permanent address to register with websites, give out to people, etc.  At least two ways of doing this:

* set up a gmail address with Google, and then set up a fillter to forward all email somewhere else

* buy your own domain name (cuthound.org.uk is available for £9 a year from names.co.uk) and then forward all email somewhere else. 

I do something similar - bought a domain name from one dot com which for a paltry sum includes an many sub email addresses as I like plus loads of storage Twenty quid a year or thereabouts. Worth paying - as having to change all my links when changing supplier is tedious and a pain (but them I'm land based and don't use mobiles mich)  

9 hours ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

I already have a gmail address. The problem resulted from me  having had an "@btinternet" email as my primary email for years, which was used on many many sited and have decided to move ISP's.

So I have been changing my email address on numerous websites but couldn't see how to change it on CWDF.

Following Mr de Enfields advice I have successfully changed it.

6 minutes ago, cuthound said:

I already have a gmail address. The problem resulted from me  having had an "@btinternet" email as my primary email for years, which was used on many many sited and have decided to move ISP's.

So I have been changing my email address on numerous websites but couldn't see how to change it on CWDF.

Following Mr de Enfields advice I have successfully changed it.

That is the trouble with these ISP specific e-mail addresses, when you leave them, more often than not you lose your e-mail address, though some allow you to keep it.

We cancelled my mums bt internet broadband last year.Unfortunately it was associated with her Ipad apple account. The ipad is now locked as the e-mail address has gone, and she forgot her password.

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

That is the trouble with these ISP specific e-mail addresses, when you leave them, more often than not you lose your e-mail address, though some allow you to keep it.

We cancelled my mums bt internet broadband last year.Unfortunately it was associated with her Ipad apple account. The ipad is now locked as the e-mail address has gone, and she forgot her password.

Yes BT allow you to leave and keep your old email address but currently charge £7.50 a month forthe privilege.

• Horror 1