can you name these lpws4 parts

pluto83

Featured Posts

Hi I need to swap these fuel pumps/filters with some new ones, the engine is a lpws4a and its currently working besides how bad they look.

How do I swap all the pipes? do the copper pipes have to be copper?

Can you id the parts needed, I think its a fuel lift pump and a agglomerate , but am not 100% any help or advise will be greatly appreciated.

many thanks Shaun

IMG_1652.JPG

8 minutes ago, pluto83 said:

Hi I need to swap these fuel pumps/filters with some new ones, the engine is a lpws4a and its currently working besides how bad they look.

How do I swap all the pipes? do the copper pipes have to be copper?

Can you id the parts needed, I think its a fuel lift pump and a agglomerate , but am not 100% any help or advise will be greatly appreciated.

many thanks Shaun

IMG_1652.JPG

The one in the middle of the picture is a fuel pump with the priming leaver on the bottom, the one on the right is a filter

Capture.JPG

Edited by ditchcrawler

starting from the left:

Oil pressure switch/sender, Lift pump, spin on engine fuel filter. Above is a heat exchanger or oil cooler.

If its working why do you want new? An hour or so with a wire brush and a pot of paint should sort most of the cosmetic problems.

Any "rubber"  hoses have to comply with a certain BS/ISO number and be so marked for the BSS. Car petrol hose will not normally do, the pipes need to be metal. Please read what the Boat safety Scheme says about fuel systems. Some of your pipes are steel.

If you don't know how to bleed a diesel don't go undoing pipe unions to get the pipes off.

I am sure Richard RWLP on here can supply what you need.

Edited by Tony Brooks
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, pluto83 said:

its good, but it all looks the same to me, I don't know what bits to order

Trouble is, there are various different lift pumps available for the lpws4. Make sure you get the right one if you do replace it,. @RLWPmay have one. 

Beaten to it by Tony. 

Edited by rusty69

22 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Trouble is, there are various different lift pumps available for the lpws4. Make sure you get the right one if you do replace it,. @RLWPmay have one. 

Beaten to it by Tony. 

Also with the filter, you need one with the right thread for your pipes and the badjo on the top, but like Tony, why do you want to change it, its only the outside of the top, you get a full set of new seals when you buy a new filter cartridge. the number of that is on the old one.

Capture.JPG