Mitsibushi diesel engine

Aikijitsu66

Featured Posts

IIs it an ECU controlled engine? If so  if should be possible, if not practicable, but you will need to include all the sensors that the ECU needs.  Things like the lamda sensor will need to be in the right place in the exhaust, and finding things like a water cooled manifold,  so the engine space does not get too hot, will be an interesting challenge.

If the beast has a dual mass flywheel I would simply forget it.  They are short life things in the cars they were designed for so god knows what they will be lije with a gearbox, propshaft and prpellor attached.

After that you will need to find a gearbox that can handle the power and torque, a suitable drive plate and an adaptor housing to go on or replace the bell housing. 

The emissions requirements of the RCD will apply, if it is a new boat and you want to be able to sell it within 5 years of finishing it.

N

18 minutes ago, Aikijitsu66 said:

Is there any reason I can't put a mitsibushi shogun 2.8 litre diesel in my narrow boat ? 

Nope, its doable. What kind of boat though? Too big for some and too small for others??!! ahh the clue is narrowboat innitt. A bit big then. 

Edited by mrsmelly

15 minutes ago, Aikijitsu66 said:

Yeah thought it might be to many horses, but been looking for alternatives to beta marine etc as 4x4 diesels are much cheaper recon, or otherwise

But you can add several £1000's by the time you have them marinized and adapter plates fitted to fit a suitable gearbox, changed / re-built all of the engine mounting beds etc etc etc.

It is more economical to buy an already marinized engine that 'fits' your boat