BSS for running business from your boat

Featured Posts

Commercial boats are checked to the 2002 BSS requirements.
Leisure / Private boats are checked to the 2015 BSS requirements.

I don't know if the 2017 (Hire Boat) requirements carry over to 'Commercial' boats.

I believe there are differences if the public will be actually 'on the boat' or just buying from the tow-path, thru a hatch (for example)

The only way is to discuss your plans with the BSS office and get it from the horses mouth.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

8 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

"BSS for running business from your boat"

I think to get any meaningful answers you need to specify what sort of business you have in mind running. 

In particular, if and how many members of the public would be stepping on board.

8 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

"BSS for running business from your boat"

I think to get any meaningful answers you need to specify what sort of business you have in mind running. 

Quite. I don't think there is any difference between standard private and roving trader where nobody comes on the boat, just needs standard BSS afaik. Anything like a walk on bookshop, sit in cafe, floatel etc BSS requirements will be more stringent so as Mike says, it will all depend on the type of business and role that the boat plays in offering it.

Edited by BilgePump