Laying joists in floor.

Featured Posts

12 hours ago, Charles_Graham said:

You're right, I was hoping to go as low as possible with floor as Im 6 ' 3".

I too just noticed these stiffness, so was thinking let them stick up, I can cut around them. 

Id be interested to see your bow set up Bod, prob a bit late for me now but I got the water under floor in deck 0bviously, then the bow locker had just enough room to fit the 13kg, thats if it passes inspection. My concern at the moment is to just get ir completed and in water, to live on. It was a hell of a lot of work to get it to this stage, and Im beat!

Jen, the concencous here on boat yard is to get plenty of ballast in and weigh her down, so I've chucked some more of the steel in. My concern with the ballast was because of the drainage holes we cut in hull in the bow. Its close to the water line. By right I should drop this in water and check, but that would be 2 lifts.

Graham

A quick sketch of my layout, taken from the side.

The waterline is below the bottom of the gas locker, and varies dependant on the fullness of the water tank.

1067686003_watertank.jpg.eba9573dce6898fe3be9febcf9257842.jpg

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I would suggest that this would be a BSS failure.

The drain vent must be in the bottom of the gas locker, AND, must drain overboard.

With your gas locker, not only could the gas not drain away, but your gas locker would be full of canal.

You will need to change it before you go too far down the fit-out road.

err .......  the waterline is BELOW the bottom of the gas locker.

Mine is like this..

i need to seal in the floor in the gas locker, which has a plate cut out and welded as the floor. The drainage hole is 22mm on both sides.

my deck has drainage holes cut in and I'm hoping is above water line..

my deck filler is a is a stainless outlet 1 3/4 bsp which I'm struggling to find a cap for. It sat right under the floor so the filler sticks straight up in the air,

IMG_0031.JPG

• 4 years later...
5 minutes ago, james46 said:

Hi whats peoples thoughts on using roof battens for flooring battening. if its going on the steel cross members flex wont matter any way. 

If it is treated battening , across the steel bearers,  it will be fine.

Battens can be quite thin, so you will need to keep the screws thd eight length, and it is  quite narrow, so you may need two pieces next to each other where the floor joins are.  

Don't forget  to put in some access holes for getting at ballast, and to allow for  some airflow with the floor down.  Having a computer  fan behind the fridge, drawing from the bilge area and powered from the fridge electronics,  can killl two birds with one stone.

N

On 25/05/2019 at 15:41, Murflynn said:

OK until it goes wrong.  I believe special training is mandatory to buy or hire a proper Hilti gun.  

I used one when I was 16 back in 1963 putting up a mezzanine floor at Dads garage. Rented one myself to do the same thing in late 70s when I selected the wrong power cartridge. The nail penetrated into the Ladies toilet. No training back then.