Email notifications

Featured Posts

what email notifications?!

Hi Bones

You can be notified by e-mail when a new post is added to a specific topic,

If you go to the first post at the right hand side you will see options click on that and the options available will appear. :):)

ps. you want ,track this topic'

Edited by bottle

Hi Bones

You can be notified by e-mail when a new post is added to a specific topic,

If you go to the first post at the right hand side you will see options click on that and the options available will appear. :):)

ps. you want ,track this topic'

Amazing! Thank you!

Sorry to post this here but being only a provissional member I cannot start a new topic. I am a provissional member because I have not received my validation email altough I know my correct email address is recorded and my email account is working correctly. I have tried resending my validation and I get a message saying I should receive an email but I do not receive it.

Another member has asked me to email through the forum but again I cannot because I am not a full member neither can I send a message to the site crew to ask for help. Catch 22 ?

I emailed the administrators via ordinary email for assistance last week but have yet to receive a reply. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry to post this here but being only a provissional member I cannot start a new topic. I am a provissional member because I have not received my validation email altough I know my correct email address is recorded and my email account is working correctly. I have tried resending my validation and I get a message saying I should receive an email but I do not receive it.

Another member has asked me to email through the forum but again I cannot because I am not a full member neither can I send a message to the site crew to ask for help. Catch 22 ?

I emailed the administrators via ordinary email for assistance last week but have yet to receive a reply. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Nutmeg.

I do recall that there may have been some issues with Email.

Also I believe that the site owner Jon is not able to respond to mail at the moment.

I've used the "Personal Message" facility, (probably not yet available to you ?), to let Bernie, one of Jon's co-administrators know of your predicament.

If she can help, I'm sure she will!

Alan

Jon, the admin of the site is in wales for the week, but should reply as soon as he gets back.

- Not sure if the mod's (john orentas, bernie, and richard) can do anything about it. And im not technical site crew.

However, in the meantime, if you want a start a topic you can PM me and i'll start it for you if you like.

Daniel

Hi Nutmeg.

Also I believe that the site owner Jon is not able to respond to mail at the moment.

I've used the "Personal Message" facility, (probably not yet available to you ?), to let Bernie, one of Jon's co-administrators know of your predicament.

Alan

Hi Nutmeg.

Bernie has been kind enough to take a look, but unfortunately can't identify what the issue is, other than there may still be problems around e-mail generally (I think).

Looks like this may not get sorted until the site owner Jon gets back on-line at the weekend.

But you can always take up Daniel's offer to open a post on your behalf, until you are in a position to do so.

Alan

...there may still be problems around e-mail generally (I think).

Yeah, thats another possable cause.

- We moved server last week, and so a few teething problems are not un-expected.

- However, i was under the impression this had been fixed, but maybe not 100%

Daniel

Hi Nutmeg.

Alan

Yes, you are quite right I can't PM either so wll have to wait until the email situation is sorted. Thanks for the messages

• 1 month later...

There is still an issue with e-mail from the forum system. Some people are getting it, some aren't. I'm await advice on the best way to deal with the problem!

Sorry about this!

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Just to continue on this topic, i am aware of atleast two people currently waiting for there account to be validated.

I know jons away, but can bernie, or one of the other moderators, not do the account validations?

- I thought the reason for making bernie an admin rather than just a mod was for exactly this reason, to administrate the forum while jons not here?

Daniel

(I have also send bernie incase she doesnt see this thread..)

Edited by dhutch

I've just exchanged about 5/6 PMs with bernie, about the above topic, and they seamed to be working fine.

- I was geting a reply back within about 2minutes each time.

I think possably its simply because people arnt noticing they have them without the email notifications?

- I know i have been guilty of this in the last few months.

Daniel