Why is this forum becoming a joke !!!

norman18grp

Featured Posts

You're joking!! That's the best bit! New members come along and rekindle the arguments over and over again.

I think the search facility should be abolished, it puts people off asking about GIs.

There is no FAQ section because we can't agree:

1) what are the most frequently asked questions and:

2) what is the definitive answer.

You could start a fantastic row discussion by starting that thread, though.

Cant say I agree with that Carl :)

I'm new-ish and I don't feel any of that sentiment. Seeing as this is mainly an opinion garnering thread I'll toss in mine.

Some people here need thicker skin. Yes there are some posters that get agitated with other posters but you've generally done something to deserve it.

Most of the electrical questions have been answered and debated. It's really simple to search. If you can't find the exact answer you're looking for tell them so and explain it. I've brought up a few old topics but explained that there were differences in situation and I never had a problem.

As for all the 'argument' in threads, that is all a part of getting a good answer. If you only hear one side of something you are worse off than when you were completely ignorant of any answer. Even the best boater can be wrong, only good debate can convince them of that.

I see no problem here. Take criticism in stride, take idiots in stride and learn to deal with it when someone disagrees passionately.

So there we have it then.

The consensus from the regulars is that there is no problem.

Those of you who think that there is, are just imagining it. Or you just need to get a thicker skin. Or leave.

Amazing (not).

And no, I don't want a PM from Carl.........

So there we have it then.

The consensus from the regulars is that there is no problem.

Those of you who think that there is, are just imagining it. Or you just need to get a thicker skin. Or leave.

Amazing (not).

And no, I don't want a PM from Carl.........

Quite a few newbies have said there is no problem.

Lighten up! It's supposed to be fun and, if it's not, why stay?

You don't have to read posts you find unentertaining and I promise not to send you a pm.

If you want a mutual back slapping society, set one up. In no time you'll find harmless bickering sneaking in, making it more interesting.

Edited to insert a comma.

Edited by carlt

At risk of agitating things more, please forgive me if I don't feel it necessary to baby people who cannot handle a difference of opinion. This is not a business, it is a public forum, if you have a problem there is a report button at the bottom left of every post, there is also a method available for you to block certain users from your view.

Sorry but I'd rather see two blockheads argue a matter than get the sugar coated version of one side.

Sorry but I'd rather see two blockheads argue a matter than get the sugar coated version of one side.

And some times I've learnt a lot from reading those sort of posts.

On the whole, though, this forum has been great for me and had I not actually met someone in Real Life from this forum I'd've probably slapped a frustrated For Sale notice on my boat and walked away from her. (Glad I didn't, mind!)

had I not actually met someone in Real Life from this forum

You mean you lot exist in real life? I thought you were all just computer generated characters in a sim game.

So these canal things, are they real too? What a bizarre notion.

You mean you lot exist in real life? I thought you were all just computer generated characters in a sim game.

Sure are.... :)

And you want to mind your step coz I'll be coming through Braunston next week..... :D

You should work for BW with that attitude.

:)

Now I'm worried. Are you saying I'm part of a game being played by a little green furry creature?

:) ... maybe.

(and shouldn't you be in bed?)

It's 10am here, I'd love to be in bed but work would have something to say about it if they found me sleeping under the desk in my cube... again.

Edited by Jason Wilson and Family

I would like it if people stopped calling for moderators whenever they were upset by someone!

If you really give a damn about the thing you're arguing about, then for goodness sake, tackle that person head on! If you can properly argue your stance, backed up by reasoning and research or knowledge, then what have you got to be upset about? If not, you may need to think more about your own opinions and reasoning. Sometimes, in the course of an argument, you (if your mind is not completely closed) may even find your opinions changing. Is that so terrible?

Of course, sometimes we don't have the energy, in which case we can always log-out...... (living to fight another day!)

Anything, rather than having mods stepping in, like child-minders. That would see me off this forum in a way that hurtful remarks never could!

I would like it if people stopped calling for moderators whenever they were upset by someone!

If you really give a damn about the thing you're arguing about, then for goodness sake, tackle that person head on! If you can properly argue your stance, backed up by reasoning and research or knowledge, then what have you got to be upset about? If not, you may need to think more about your own opinions and reasoning. Sometimes, in the course of an argument, you (if your mind is not completely closed) may even find your opinions changing. Is that so terrible?

Of course, sometimes we don't have the energy, in which case we can always log-out...... (living to fight another day!)

Anything, rather than having mods stepping in, like child-minders. That would see me off this forum in a way that hurtful remarks never could!

Can't argue with that, especially after flouncing off another forum recently, following a moderators needless intervention and censorship.

LMAO, one of the forums I run I actually made it a rule that one couldnt 'Flounce' out of the chatroom if someone upset you.

:)

So this forum isn't as bad as some. I'd make it a rule that, when upset, you had to flounce off. So much more genteel than 'storming off'.

A yes, but how does a bloke flounce?

Plenty of experience of ladies flouncing delightfully, but not really seen a bloke do it? Do I have to wear petticoats and heels?

Petticoats, yes, but we're exempt from heels as long as the hat is frilly enough and NOT a boatwomans bonnet.