Moorings That Do Not Require The Boat To Be Licenced

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Thank you for the correction / update.

I did state that the letter was only 'round one', and I must admit to not following the case further as by then it had little personal interest.

I did quote your name hoping that you would read it and would be kind enough to update the situation, so at least now Blackrose has the answer to his question.

Thanks. I don't move much as I'm too busy with work which includes working from the boat. Staying put and not paying nearly a grand in annual licence fees might suit me but I really wouldn't fancy a legal challenge with the EA and I suspect the marina would try to kick me out. It's not worth the agg.

Edited by blackrose

When I moored at the sewage works south of Springwell Lock  on the GU yet offline,commonly known as The Stinko ,I was told that as it's the River Colne no BW licence was required,.........but that was several years ago.

Edited by Quaffer

On 29/10/2018 at 18:19, Quaffer said:

When I moored at the sewage works south of Springwell Lock  on the GU yet offline,commonly known as The Stinko

"Stinkhole" surely.

And yes it is very whiffy there, the basin formerly being the place where coal was offloaded for the Maple Cross Sewage Works.

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 20:06, Mike the Boilerman said:

I nearly posted something similar earlier. 

Maybe he has acquired himself a life, or something!!

I won't be giving up on my pet project, but I don't feel the need to enter the fray at every opportunity. Today's life will begin by getting ready for the gym, including swim and sauna. I shall then be going to work. This may happen again, tomorrow. :)