Rev Counter not 'Counting'

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

No.

When we bought out last NB it came with 3 rev counters of which only one was installed and the others in their boxes.

The previous owner had instructed the yard to replace the Rev counter as it 'stuck' at between 800 & 1000 rpm when you stopped the engine (Lister LPWS4), they changed the Rev counter and it was exactly the same, so he bought another one and it was exactly the same, never did get to the bottom of it but it looks like it was 'picking up' a bit of leccy as the key was turned off', as soon as you switched the key to the on position it dropped to zero,

Our Beta rev counter on our share boat never went to zero so I think it just stops when it loses signal.

On 10/09/2018 at 21:20, Alan de Enfield said:

That's a good plan - there are already 2 tachos running off each engine (inside helm, outside helm but I think they have different senders) so maybe if I disconnect the outside helm and bridge over the two inside helm. ?????????????????

Will it work ?

I don't want to 'blow up' a couple of £80 tacho's

Do you know which one of the four is reading correct?

4 hours ago, Tonka said:

Not on the old Markon 5KVA model as fitted to the Beta BD3. Trust me i know as i have one. You have to run the engine at 800 rpm

Has it got a frequency meter on it?

2 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Yes thank you , this is a zombie thread resurrected, I purchased a little 'laser' rev counter that counts the flywheel revolutions.

The resurection started up 7 hours ago.

6 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Yes thank you , this is a zombie thread resurrected, I purchased a little 'laser' rev counter that counts the flywheel revolutions.

I only joined it where it reemerged, I didn't look to see where it came from, I often get caught like that.

• Greenie 1

35 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Our Beta rev counter on our share boat never went to zero so I think it just stops when it loses signal.

Has it got a frequency meter on it?

No

23 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

"Zombie thread resurrection " I like that. It was me, looked like a good place to start?

23 minutes ago, Leemc said:

"Zombie thread resurrection " I like that. It was me, looked like a good place to start?

Not a problem, yes, it is relevant, it just gets confusing when folks don't realise (don't read) that it is an old thread and the original problem was resolved years ago.

Arise Dead Thread.jpeg