How to estimate the age of my converted ex-working boat hull?

Featured Posts

Well the owner was on here in June 2018, and referenced the CRT licence data at that time, so presumably the boat was licenced then. But a check on the CRT online licence checker (using the index no. in post #8) shows it's not licenced now.

If his boat is about to be seized CRT will have given him plenty of opportunity to put matters in order. If he chooses not to respond to CRT then I think it unlikely he will respond to anything on here.

1 hour ago, Bunga bunga said:

Hey Ditch is there any other way I can find the owners details on some kind of database or the river and canal trust. 

CRT should already have his details, but they won't give them out for data protection reasons. In the past it has been said they may forward on a message, although I don't know if they still do that. But if they can't contact him to get the BSC and licence sorted, then I can't see a message from you via CRT is going to have any more effect.

Edited by David Mack

43 minutes ago, Bunga bunga said:

They will be cutting her in half soon. I actually meant she failed her BSS in 2015. 

So when the OP appeared on here in June 2018 the boat was presumably unlicenced then. And it's only now, 2.5 years later, that CRT are threatening to take the boat. Sounds like the owner has had plenty of time to get things sorted.

Well in post #1 the owner refers to the boat's details on the CRT licence database and in post #16 he refers to the boat moving the previous June (2017), so the boat presumably has moved in the last 7 years.

I wonder if it is the case that the boat last passed a BSS inspection in 2015, in which case the certificate would have expired in 2019.

Or we are talking about different boats.

Edited by David Mack