BEETLE MANIAC

Featured Posts

Hi my wife Sue and myself Mick have just put down a deposit on the Aintree Beetle 25 foot canal boat.We visited the factory in Liverpool to view the boats being built the quality of there boats and craftsmanship is second to none and chatted to serval people along the canals where we lived and recommended Aintree boats which certainly live up to there name.We have never owned a canal boat before let alone driven one so no doubt will be on here asking questions etc.Any one else here have a 25 foot beetle and can tell us your experiences with the boat.Hopefully ours will be ready by mid August.

Just now, rusty69 said:

Just don't paint it yellow.

You will likely get some sensible answers at some point. Stick around!

I saw a hotel boat on t'duck that I think was called the yellow submarine and it was all kitted out in the sergeant pepper look. :blink:

Our first boat was a Mick Sivewright  31'er. Had her for three summers. Enjoyed it a lot. 25' is a turn it around anywhere boat. Not big enough to livaboard so will be a 'day tripper'.

Hope all goes well for you.

I am a Walrus. Ooh!

Edited by Nightwatch

8 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Our first boat was a Mick Sivewright  31'er. Had her for three summers. Enjoyed it a lot. 25' is a turn it around anywhere boat. Not big enough to livaboard so will be a 'day tripper'.

Hope all goes well for you.

I am a Walrus. Ooh!

We don't plan to live aboard its just to go out on it to have some fun and perhaps spend the weekend on it.Its well kitted out got a double bed,tables storage,kitchen fully fitted and shower room and toilet just hope August comes around quick. Cant buy me Love comes to mind lol

If you would like some serious discussion about Beetles rather than the usual off topic chatter here, you could join the Aintree Beetle owners group on Facebook.   I am very pleased with mine which is also 25ft and we are happy to spend a few weeks on her having spent months in motor caravans as well as larger narrowboats.