Thetford C200 cassette seals.

MoominPapa

Featured Posts

(look away now pump-out wimps)

The cassettes for our C200 toilet have developed the classic problem that the seals around the yellow knob which is rotated to open the door have started to leak. You can buy replacements in lots of places as a "C200 blade opener", for about ten to fifteen quid a pop, but that gives you the whole yellow plastic bit and the clip which holds it in place and the seal. I only really need the actual seal. Anyone know where to get these, or something generic which does the same job? The profile is U shaped with internal and external lip seal areas, rather than a simple O-ring.

MP.

15 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

The cassettes for our C200 toilet have developed the classic problem that the seals around the yellow knob which is rotated to open the door have started to leak. You can buy replacements in lots of places as a "C200 blade opener", for about ten to fifteen quid a pop, but that gives you the whole yellow plastic bit and the clip which holds it in place and the seal. I only really need the actual seal. Anyone know where to get these, or something generic which does the same job? The profile is U shaped with internal and external lip seal areas, rather than a simple O-ring.

MP.

No answer for your original question but sometimes I find all it needs is a good clean and smear with silicone grease

28 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

MP.

They tend to go brittle dont they. Ebay has been where I have purchased various bits over the years but at present using a stoopid macerator whimpy bog cos its fitted and I love throwing good beer money away on pumpout costs. :mellow:

34 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

No answer for your original question but sometimes I find all it needs is a good clean and smear with silicone grease

Yeah, I've tried that. but one of them as acquired a twist, and doesn't look hopeful.

For the uninitiated, the "all it needs" in TMs reply has to be preceded by shoving ones hand down the hole and furtling around to release the clip holding the thing in place, Re-assembly in reverse of removal :unsure:

MP.

58 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

Yeah, I've tried that. but one of them as acquired a twist, and doesn't look hopeful.

For the uninitiated, the "all it needs" in TMs reply has to be preceded by shoving ones hand down the hole and furtling around to release the clip holding the thing in place, Re-assembly in reverse of removal :unsure:

MP.

Ok I was ignoring that bit, fair cop governor :)

Latex gloves, and in you go :( I remember the 1st time I picked up dog poo... worst thing in the world. now, about 15 years on, it's no big deal.

What's the worst that can happen? You can have a wash :)

I've done the dump hole seals on 2 cassettes, but haven't had to delve inside to date. I watched a youtube video to get some guidance on the ones I did.