Personalised Illuminated Bar Sign

Froggy

Featured Posts

This is a great bit of fun, and currently on offer at £12.99 plus p&p if you want the blue one. If you want to splash out you can even order a multi-coloured variant with a remote control (at considerably higher cost). I changed the default text at the top to the name of the boat, and the text at the bottom to 'P(r)op-up Bar'. You even get a really nice day-glo coaster thrown in. Really good quality, highly recommended. Please note that it's mains powered.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EAJTNO6/ref=cfb_at_prodpg

Bar Sign.jpg

Edited by Froggy

I have to say, i'm a bit surprised at the lack of interest in this post. I'm of the impression, having been a member of these forums for best part of 18 months, that a lot of you like your booze! Granted, it's a bit of unnecessary bling, but the reason i bought this is as follows:

We have an aft room that was intended by the original owner as a spare bedroom, but for us it's a mutipurpose room: somewhere to drop bags and coats etc. to avoid cluttering up the main living space, a place to do a bit of DIY, a place for me to have my own space when the other half is watching something on tv i'm not interested in, and yes we have used it as a guest bedroom once. I came back into the boat one evening late last summer, having left just our wall-mounted brass spotlight on. We replaced all these lights shortly after getting the boat, because they were looking very tatty, with the brass finish falling apart and some of them not even working due to the last owner running bulbs that were too hot; we also took the opportunity to replace the halogen bulbs with LEDs. Anyway, our boat has the usual wood panelling typical of a 20 year old boat, and the warm low light suddenly evoked an old fashioned inn to my mind. I later thought it would be a good idea to accentuate this by adding a few pub-related items, since i already had an old-fashioned Truman's enamel-style beer advert bought at the Beamish Museum years back, lying around in storage. So, when i saw the above item on Amazon at a reduced price, which to me is a steal for something that is very good quality, i couldn't resist. I guess most of you wouldn't find the same use for this item as myself, but looking at the reviews it has proved hugely successful with landlubbers who have converted their garden shed into a home pub.

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I have to say, i'm a bit surprised at the lack of interest in this post. I'm of the impression, having been a member of these forums for best part of 18 months, that a lot of you like your booze!

How dare you. I much prefer someone elses booze.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I have to say, i'm a bit surprised at the lack of interest in this post.

Very surprising. About beer! Almost 23 hrs on its own! Now, what does it do? Does it go round and round? Does it warm the boat up? Do you have to have the right fuses? What happens if you drop a fuse in the bilge under the engine? How do you make toast? So many questions.

18 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Very surprising. About beer! Almost 23 hrs on its own! Now, what does it do? Does it go round and round? Does it warm the boat up? Do you have to have the right fuses? What happens if you drop a fuse in the bilge under the engine? How do you make toast? So many questions.

Ok, i get your point, but i did say in my last post that it was unnecessary bling.

12 minutes ago, bizzard said:

Bunch of Bar Stewards arn't they Froggy.:)

Yeah. Or maybe lager drinkers that wouldn't know the difference between a pint of ale and a pint of water from the cut.  ;)