Widebeam syndicate ?

Alimart

Featured Posts

I've also put this post in to the 'Wanted' section so my apologies, however if anyone knows of a UK-based widebeam or Dutch barge syndicate could they please let me have any information ?

I've repeatedly tried the usual boat-share sites but to no avail - seems like a rare beast for some reason.

Many thanks.

My guess is that a major advantage of narrowboat shared ownership is the ability to explore the network by moving base every year.  This is done cheaply by co-owners moving the boat from one base to another.

With a widebeam cruising range is much restricted, as the northern answer southern wide waterways are not connected, so unless the vessel is capable of coastal trips, which most co-owners will not be experienced enough to do, the move will have to be undertaken on the back of a lorry - expensive.

In its early days Ownerships used to do widebeam shared ownersip in Ireland and France but soon sold the fleet, presumably due to lack of interest.

As Ditchcrawler says, used to be one based on Thames. Could be a private syndicate that doesn't advertise still active. Maybe the Dutch Barge Association would be more help, they have UK owners and members. I see you are in France, there are private syndicates existing there.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Alimart said:

Why not try advertising for a number of like minded people? You may find enough to build your own boat to suit everyones spec yourselves. There are plenty of places to put an advert to see if there is enough interest?