bubble tester pipe size

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I think some boaters make up more regulations than the BSS does

Surely not ?

You can be complaint with both the BSS and the RCD with a 'rubber hose' system (not a 'sniff' of copper piping)

From the BSS :

7:9:6

NOTE – ‘all‐hose’ systems are those not using rigid pipework and will generally be found on imported boats,
CE marked to the RCD, where the builder has chosen to apply ISO 10239.

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

However, rubber hoses are still acceptable in the gas locker....as rubber hoses run from gas bottle to regulator.

Which ties in with my previous point. Although they must all be gas tight, the rules on connections made inside the locker aren't as stringent as those made outside, for perfectly obvious reasons.

Ok, stick my neck out, my gas locker opening means that to get the 2 bottles in, without breaking any piping,(or bubble tester), you physically cannot fit a bubble tester in it, or test it if one was fitted without being a 2'6" midget contirtionist.

I discussed this with various surveyors, and came up with this acceptable solution, protected by a sealed locker, vented to the canal side through the deck drain, and easily accessible for testing and isolation. The gas locker is to the right, the cabin to the left, the vent hole is bottom left in pic 2. 

Several observations were made by different surveyors, but all agreed that it was the best safe solution in this case, and wouldnt fail under the present testing regime.

The crap staining will be rectified in more clement weather.

20191217_212822.jpg

20191217_212904.jpg