Back boiler fittings help please

Dutchman

Featured Posts

Hi eveyone,I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I have a villager b back boiler with 28mm conections on the back and my problem is that normal compression fittings are unable to bolt on to them as they do not Grove that compression fittings have to accommodate the olive.

Has anyone come across and overcome this in the past?

Regards

Dutch

Hi eveyone,I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I have a villager b back boiler with 28mm conections on the back and my problem is that normal compression fittings are unable to bolt on to them as they do not Grove that compression fittings have to accommodate the olive.

Has anyone come across and overcome this in the past?

Regards

Dutch

I'd have expected 1" BSP threaded connections not 28mm plain pipes.

Can you post a photo?

Sorry mike, im just figuring out how to upload images here on the thread, hopefully a little better quality now, they are threaded but comparing to a tank conector I have, I think the thread is slightly different and the and the tank conector I find ever so slightly thicker

Sorry mike, im just figuring out how to upload images here on the thread, hopefully a little better quality now, they are threaded but comparing to a tank conector I have, I think the thread is slightly different and the and the tank conector I find ever so slightly thicker ?

20170215_182455.jpg 20170215_182716.jpg

You don't want a tank connector. The fitting linked to above by PaulJ should fit that thread.

1 inch bsp pipe is approx 33.25 mm outside diameter and the thread pitch 2.3mm (11 per inch).

Edited by David Mack

Put a 1" bsp back nut on and check if it leaves enough thread sticking out to get a fitting on.

Neil

There probably wont be. I fitted a Puffin boiler model a couple of years ago and the 1" fitting bottomed out on the back nut. Resorted to some high temperature silicon around the threads /top of backnut. Not ideal but seemed a better solution than hacking the fitting about. Bit of a poor design I thought for want of a few more threads.

You don't want a tank connector. The fitting linked to above by PaulJ should fit that thread.

1 inch bsp pipe is approx 33.25 mm outside diameter and the thread pitch 2.3mm (11 per inch).

Thanks mate,and cheers for the info, I wasn't using a tank conector just using it to compare size and thread, I shall try a one inch tomorrow and see if I'm in luck

Humour me here - but this is a welded 'add in' tank isnt it? Similar to a squirrel.

If so it must be a bit wobbly as is missing the back nuts. The marks around the hole suggest there used to be some there...

Yep, that's right , it's a add in welded back boiler for a villager b, and yes it's currently loose, I haven't bolted it on just yet, making sure I have all the right fittings ready before i start bolting it all together, oh and the marks don't correspond to a old bolt just some discoloration around the pop out bungs,which were more like hammer out lol. Edited by Dutchman

How rude.

How unhelpful.

Sorry mike, im just figuring out how to upload images here on the thread, hopefully a little better quality now, they are threaded but comparing to a tank conector I have, I think the thread is slightly different and the and the tank conector I find ever so slightly thicker

attachicon.gif20170215_182455.jpgattachicon.gif20170215_182716.jpg

Right, thats a FAR better photo. I can see it is a BSP thread, and in conjustion with your tape measure pic can see it is 1"BSP. This means the adaptor linked by PaulJ in post 3 is exactly what you need to connect to 28mm copper tube.