Blacking & the relevance of the base plate

Featured Posts

14 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

If posters can't write in comprehendible English with the correct punctuation, why should we bother to make useful replies?

The literacy standards on this forum are terrible.

Recent post, "my girlfriend and me" is an example: who is me?

Ooooh.

Harsh, but so very true.

Too many people use 'me' instead of 'I' though.

I'm some sort of Nazi apparently though, so the fact I'm agreeing with you may not be a good look.

14 hours ago, Captain Pegg said:

You may wish to pay attention to any areas where there is - or has been - active corrosion. Typically these will be areas subject to internal water leakage.

I removed a huge amount of flaky rust from the rear of my cabin bilge when I overhauled the sump and pump system that I have to use due to the low freeboard of my boat.

In that case I applied Owatrol to try and squeeze out any remaining trapped water and then applied bilge paint.

But be in no doubt that it’s a partially effective treatment at best. On a boat with intermittently welded inverted channel section stiffeners and a keelson you simply can’t treat a lot of the potential moisture traps.

Don’t worry unduly about exposed dry steel that looks like it’s already sat happily with a rusted surface for years.

But do remember that the original baseplate still remains an important part of the structure of the boat.

Thanks for the reply .

25 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Yeah, but he was addressing me, and I'm not a great welder, probably 

Haha yeah id be the judge of that everyone says that your also a good english teacher.

27 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Yeah, but he was addressing me, and I'm not a great welder, probably 

Sorry rusty was meant of replied to tracey 

• 2 months later...