section 8 canning dock ?

gaggle

Featured Posts

I haven’t said that they cannot sell it, now it is elsewhere than where it began, I have only raised doubts that the costs of removal and storage while holding it forcibly on a lien in that location may be recoverable from proceeds of the sale.

The rest, respecting the owner’s plans, I cannot answer of course; I am not in communication with him, Tony is [and that does not mean Tony knows either – and perhaps the owner himself has no idea where to turn now!]

No worries Nigel. I suspect the long term solution is, it needs to be sold and taken over by someone else. Looking at the public support from the comments section of the articles in the Echo (online articles), there seems to be distinctly mixed support for it in Liverpool so it may well never return - it also depends whether CRT are willing to have it back, possibly under new ownership/management. If the current owner disagrees with this, he either needs a step change in the ability to manage it (possibly by letting someone else do it, while retaining ownership) and/or good legal advice to minimise his losses, now that his relationship with CRT has declined to its current level. I strongly suspect that seeking proper legal advice is the most sensible way forwards, for now.

I haven’t said that they cannot sell it, now it is elsewhere than where it began, I have only raised doubts that the costs of removal and storage while holding it forcibly on a lien in that location may be recoverable from proceeds of the sale.

The rest, respecting the owner’s plans, I cannot answer of course; I am not in communication with him, Tony is [and that does not mean Tony knows either – and perhaps the owner himself has no idea where to turn now!]

Having had a brief look at the market for ex-lightships I tend to wonder it it has been taken to it's present destination as there seems to be a couple of others for sale on Apollo Duck in the very near locality ('Helwick' being offered with a mooring at Newham on the River Severn and and 'Sula' in Gloucester docks). With a pretty limited market it would help to have them clustered together to encourage more viewings. On the down side however, with three Lightships for sale who is going to buy the one with disputed ownership?unsure.png it may well become a question of CRT wish to sell it but who is likely to buy it?

Edited by Wanderer Vagabond

I keep seeing fishy!!!

[apologies – and this is general not personal - couldn’t help myself, this having caught my eye while looking back for something else]

in a little dishy . . .(but that's the other side of the Pennines!)

Bit of a pity, Tony – looking through the Law Gazette for more stuff on MF’s, I see that CaRT have just filled a few recent posts in which they were offering “exceptionally varied and high quality legal work in a supportive and friendly environment.” You have missed your chance to join them by a week.

One might wonder, of course, whether they are bolstering their team in preparation for your supportive and friendly efforts from the other side . . .

They were not offering a great deal, mind you; all 3 posts together are only adding up to a £100k extra wages bill for us to contribute to.

p.s. sorry, I have just seen your email appraising me of this. Commiserations on not getting through the screening process.

This thread has been locked because, despite my efforts to persuade you to stay within the bounds of general conversation about the matter, some of you have repeatedly ignored that advice and have sought to bring the forum into disrepute, either through the disclosure of key facts in an ongoing legal case or have resorted to trolling moderators' decisions either openly or by the messaging system. This is unacceptable on both counts. I have therefore taken advice and closed the thread.