section 8 canning dock ?

gaggle

Featured Posts

Caught just the end of conversation on radio which i think was referring to the light ship in canning dock Liverpool , it was mentioned licence and insurance was arranged with help from council in order it could trade and be open to the public for recent event but seems CRT have had enough , not sure of action being taken but something is afoot.

A quick Google found this from 15th June 2016

"A £10,000 target has been set to safeguard the future of the vessel, which was nearly towed away from its berth in Canning Dock East last month after officials at the Canal & River Trust said they were owed berthing fees and that the vessel did not have a valid hull survey.

Former radio officer Stan McNally said the survey had been sorted out, but outstanding berthing fees need to be paid to ensure the vessel can continue its role as a museum ship and a café open to the public."

https://www.nautilusint.org/en/what-we-say/nautilus-news/urgent-appeal-to-save-liverpool-lightship/

got to wait till tomorrow for listen again to hear the repeat to know what the latest chat is.

edit to add , he says about the seafarers it guided in and out but I would like to know how many local seaman are still alive today to think about throwing a fiver in the bucket

Edited by gaggle

• 3 weeks later...

A quick Google found this from 15th June 2016

"A £10,000 target has been set to safeguard the future of the vessel, which was nearly towed away from its berth in Canning Dock East last month after officials at the Canal & River Trust said they were owed berthing fees and that the vessel did not have a valid hull survey.

Former radio officer Stan McNally said the survey had been sorted out, but outstanding berthing fees need to be paid to ensure the vessel can continue its role as a museum ship and a café open to the public."

https://www.nautilusint.org/en/what-we-say/nautilus-news/urgent-appeal-to-save-liverpool-lightship/

Planet has today has been seized by CRT and is being made safe for towing to someplace away from Liverpool , unpaid bills and safety reasons , LIVERPOOL ECHO story today has debt details etc.

Planet has today has been seized by CRT and is being made safe for towing to someplace away from Liverpool , unpaid bills and safety reasons , LIVERPOOL ECHO story today has debt details etc.

This bunch of clowns just can't help themselves, can they ?

They're already on the wrong end of a High Court action after illegally seizing a boat under S.8 [of the 1983 Act] as a means of recovery of an alleged debt, and as for the 'safety reasons' ; they're intending to move a vessel which may have as yet unknown hull defects [in the absence of an 'in date' hull survey] out of a sheltered berth and into the Mersey, . . . . well, words fail me !!!

Have C&RT merely taken possession, or have they actually moved it, and do you know what immediate action the owners are taking to bring a halt to what C&RT are doing ?

Edited by Tony Dunkley

Liverpool echo has pics of CRT on board making ready to remove , shame is they are using local lads who take boats down the link to do this ,a tug is alongside in picture , owner has paid some bills and claims he was unaware other monies due are in fact overdue. story is in tonights paper and for some reason I am unable to copy and post the url to link on here

Liverpool echo has pics of CRT on board making ready to remove , shame is they are using local lads who take boats down the link to do this ,a tug is alongside in picture , owner has paid some bills and claims he was unaware other monies due are in fact overdue. story is in tonights paper and for some reason I am unable to copy and post the url to link on here

Do you have any contact details for the owners ? If so will you please PM them to me.

Do you have any contact details for the owners ? If so will you please PM them to me.

ONLY WHATS ON HERE SORRY WWW.MRMSW.CO.UK , the working link to that site is contained within the ste linked to on post no 2 in this thread , sorry for some reason my computer is not alloing me to copy and paste links or urls of sites http://www.mrmsw.co.uk/

Edited by gaggle

Does it actually need a survey (presumably they mean BSSC) to be in Canning Dock ?

I was told by BWML (a subsidiary of C&RT) that I needed a BSS and a C&RT licence to moor my boat in one of their Marinas - some discussion followed where I pointed out that it was a ocean going yacht and there was no requirement for it to have either, and the fact that the Marina was not on C&RT waters (It is on the River Humber)................

In the end they agreed that I did not need a BSSC, or a licence, just Insurance (fair enough)

A locky working the Stanley flight last week told me the docks were owned by Peel, CRT had an agreement allowing 6 boats a day in and out. So CRT not Peel collect boat fees etc on the docks?

BTW I'm happy with the interactions I have with CRT. Tho not with some of the stuff I hear here.

Equally can it be proved that "most boats around abide by the rules they also cant stand crt ".

Right luv have you not noticed that phylis has already asked that question ?

A locky working the Stanley flight last week told me the docks were owned by Peel, CRT had an agreement allowing 6 boats a day in and out. So CRT not Peel collect boat fees etc on the docks?

BTW I'm happy with the interactions I have with CRT. Tho not with some of the stuff I hear here.

Well CRT are breaking the agreement if that's the case as I am sure numbers in and out are now 10 , not sure if it is in daily and out daily , it was alternate days for in or out , just glad it can be used more by more.

Right luv have you not noticed that phylis has already asked that question ?

Well CRT are breaking the agreement if that's the case as I am sure numbers in and out are now 10 , not sure if it is in daily and out daily , it was alternate days for in or out , just glad it can be used more by more.

Well honey, he wanted to ask it too. As is his wont. And who mentioned 10 boats, you do make stuff up my lovely.

BTW I'm certain there were only 3 more boats each way when I went in and out. Boats set off out at 8am and in at 1pm, on the same day. Except Tuesdays.

Edited cos I can, with Kisses on the bottom!or would you prefer a Goose?

Edited by Jim Riley

Where is your proof of this?

I would say it is a load of bullox myself frusty.gif

So you beleive crt are perfect? You think everything they do is justified and they never use bullying tactics or force peoples hand even if the person is actually in the right and that they give fair warning to all and stick to the law themselfs???

Is that the boat that sank in the dock a few months ago and nearly drowned the bloke on it?

ETA no, it wasn't.. that was Zebu in Albert Dock. But maybe CRT have decided to be careful...

If someone jumps off a ship into the dock and drowns and the ship has no legal right to be there (fees unpaid etc), who gets sued? Probably, these days, everyone in sight but if CRT has legal oversight of the dock, almost certainly them, which again may be why they want the thing out of the way until whoever owns it behaves responsibly - which it must be admitted owing ten grand in berthing fees (and not even knowing that they do) would indicate they aren't at the moment.

Edited by Arthur Marshall

So you beleive crt are perfect? You think everything they do is justified and they never use bullying tactics or force peoples hand even if the person is actually in the right and that they give fair warning to all and stick to the law themselfs???

Oh come on.You made an outlandish,almost certainly incorrect assertion which you couldn't back up. Now you are not going to become right by attacking someone who calls you out on it, the course is put up or shut up but no, you decided that condescending sarcasm would prove your point. now the idiot idea that if you don't believe most boaters can't stand CaRT they must therefore believe they are perfect. This is the kind of "debate" that has done the forum great harm in recent months. Re examine your attitude please.

Edited by Sir Nibble
  • Greenie 3

I for one abide by the rules i have a cc licance because i beleive that its a rip off and waist of money to have a mooring on crt water for which im paying a fee to use (marina is diffrent) (you dont pay road tax then expect to have to pay to park on the road out side say a mates house for a week if you visiting do you?)

Again i move my boat every few weeks on the dot without fail i pay my licance in full and respect everyone who is on the canal.

At the same time im not a particular fan of crt i dont really like the way they act in some cases and dont belive they do things that could be seen as cost effective another reason that i pay as little as pos to them as they waist alot of money.

Its in some ways like politicians we all know they have a job to do but we mostly ant going to agree with how they do things!

Ok yes my claim might be a bit high fenced but sit and think about it for a second do you really agree with what they do or who you prefer them to do things diffrent? They may treat me with respect and understanding if i have a problem only having a cc licance but im not going to try and test it to find out, would you???

I hate to get back on topic and spoil everyone's fun, but it does seem that the owner was told all this in May and was then asked to provide a valid hull survey for Planet, including ultrasonic hull plate thickness readings, and evidence that it was insured.. And that the boat would be removed. It's now September.

...... Removed content .....

Edited by wrigglefingers
Removal of unnecessary content
  • Greenie 2