Contents of a boat yard for sale by tender in Norwich

Flyboy

Featured Posts

Expensive buyers premium +20% +vat...

Its VAT on the whole amount you bid, not on just the buyer's premium.

So if you win one of those boats with a bid of £5,000 you actually pay £7,200!

The buyer's premium is unusually high, probably because the govt (being the seller) refuses to pay the (usually confidential) sellers commission.

I bet they aren't licenced either so plus the licence fee to take it out of the marina!

Having met the owner of Alphacraft 35 years ago,I am suprised that this firm has financial problems.

Well designed Boats and a long established business

CT

Yes I'm surprised too that a hire boat business of that size can hit the buffers so badly. They have the critical mass I'd have thought necessary to make really good money.

I bet they aren't licenced either so plus the licence fee to take it out of the marina!

Yes I'm surprised too that a hire boat business of that size can hit the buffers so badly. They have the critical mass I'd have thought necessary to make really good money.

Yes,they manufactured many of their own boats,though the Chap that stated the business may no longer be with us?

CT

Edited by cereal tiller