Moorings on Trent near Nottingham.

Featured Posts

As per title, any recommendations for moorings at Nottingham pref. Beeston side? We are heading that way at weekend and need a 48 hr mooring as we are meeting family.

Many thanks.

Hellooooo

The best moorings are on the river just under Trent bridge along the embankment next to the City hall thingy. Plenty of rings and suprisingly quiet on an evening and thro the night. Short walk to some nice pubs and food joints.

Tim

• Greenie 1

Hellooooo

The best moorings are on the river just under Trent bridge along the embankment next to the City hall thingy. Plenty of rings and suprisingly quiet on an evening and thro the night. Short walk to some nice pubs and food joints.

Tim

No time restrictions on the length of stay on these moorings either, . . . . the land alongside the river is under the control/ownership of Notts County Council, and C&RT have no say over the use of these moorings.

We stayed near Sainsbury's about three weeks ago. Pretty quiet and handy for chain restaurants (Beefeater etc). I noticed three or four tents in the bushes beside the towpath and wondered who lived in them. Didn't see anybody around the tents or I would have talked to them - they certainly kept themselves to themselves. Anybody know the story behind these tents?

As someone who lives near the Trent/canal, if you do not want to go much past Beeston Marina, you could wind and reverse onto the canal as just past are moorings. Going down stop on the moorings reserved for the lock, left side is better and stop well short. Check moorings on the other side and you can then decide what's best. As for the moorings on the Trent next to county hall, exit lock onto the Trent and turn right, Moor past Trent bridge on the left.

As someone who lives near the Trent/canal, if you do not want to go much past Beeston Marina, you could wind and reverse onto the canal as just past are moorings. Going down stop on the moorings reserved for the lock, left side is better and stop well short. Check moorings on the other side and you can then decide what's best. As for the moorings on the Trent next to county hall, exit lock onto the Trent and turn right, Moor past Trent bridge on the left.

are they not CRT moorings both sides of the lock past the service block? i think they are unless somethings changed. the only place to moor after the lock is after the moorings towpath side before the bridge.

ed to add, you can wind in the arm by the service block, no need to reverse into the lock.

Edited by GoodGurl

C&RT have no say over the use of these moorings.

That is a bit naughty Tony, lulling people into a sense of false security.

As you well know – just because CaRT have no say over the use of those moorings legally, does not mean that they will not section 8 you for staying over 14 days there.

You are in the estimable Mr Garner’s territory there after all; the County Court is close by and enjoys frequent acquaintance with him and his cohorts.

That is a bit naughty Tony, lulling people into a sense of false security.

As you well know – just because CaRT have no say over the use of those moorings legally, does not mean that they will not section 8 you for staying over 14 days there.

You are in the estimable Mr Garner’s territory there after all; the County Court is close by and enjoys frequent acquaintance with him and his cohorts.

Not strictly true, Nigel, . . . although they will revoke your boat Licence or PBC and then Section 8 your boat for not having what they have just unlawfully deprived you of, . . . and I think they should be given every opportunity and encouragement to stick their heads into that particular noose as frequently as possible.

I do have it on good authority that Garner and Shoosmiths have now been allocated their own parking spaces at Nottingham County Court.

Edited by Tony Dunkley

I do have it on good authority that Garner and Shoosmiths have now been allocated their own parking spaces at Nottingham County Court.

They would be glad of that if true! Last time I saw them in action at Nottingham, they were plagued all the way from the Court to the railway station by one of the awkward brigade with video.

Mr Garner was sufficiently discountenanced that he jumped onto the train with the Shoosmiths lot – even though that was heading in the opposite direction to where he wished to go! If that had been a through train, he was in for a long ride to Milton Keynes and back.

[sadly, Mr Ceylon, besides his unfortunate delivery style, has certain factual elements awry, and none of this behaviour actually helps anyone’s cause – or show CaRT’s victims in any better light than their oppressor - but it does illustrate the benefit of private parking.]

They would be glad of that if true! Last time I saw them in action at Nottingham, they were plagued all the way from the Court to the railway station by one of the awkward brigade with video.

Mr Garner was sufficiently discountenanced that he jumped onto the train with the Shoosmiths lot – even though that was heading in the opposite direction to where he wished to go! If that had been a through train, he was in for a long ride to Milton Keynes and back.

I doubt it would have been a wasted journey, though, . . . . . more of a welcome, possibly planned, opportunity for Parry to personally congratulate his top enforcer on securing a safer, and better managed and conserved future for the river Trent by freeing it from the menacing presence of Andy Wingfield.

Is there any more news on last week's threatened seizure of the Licensed/PBC'd boat on a private mooring on the Trent?

Perhaps there are even more rewards in the offing for Garner, after successfully intimidating someone else in ill health into removing his licensed, insured and BSSC'd boat away from it's mooring on privately owned land and into a fairly distant marina by threatening to seize steal it on the grounds of refusal to pay an unlawfully demanded EoG mooring fee.

Is there any more news on last week's threatened seizure of the Licensed/PBC'd boat on a private mooring on the Trent?

Have heard nothing more about the recipient of Mr Garner’s latest attentions. I have a nasty feeling [unsubstantiated by anything concrete] that he and his brother would prefer to just forget all about the affair, but I may be wrong. It may be that he is just not well enough yet to receive visitors, so the correspondence can’t yet be handed over or copied.

We've often stayed near Sainsbury's in the past but we came through there a few days ago in the middle of the day and there was literally not one space from the bridges before Castle Marina right through all the way to the lock (including even the lock mooring!). Beeston had been pretty crowded too, even the lock moorings above and below the lock were occupied with moored boats. Whatever is going on around Nottingham?

We've often stayed near Sainsbury's in the past but we came through there a few days ago in the middle of the day and there was literally not one space from the bridges before Castle Marina right through all the way to the lock (including even the lock mooring!). Beeston had been pretty crowded too, even the lock moorings above and below the lock were occupied with moored boats. Whatever is going on around Nottingham?

its always been like that, thats why i dont go down there anymore.