perkins temp gauge

Rickent

Featured Posts

The temp gauge for my perkins 4107 looks like it has been changed at some point and has a maximum temperature reading of 70degC.This must surely be wrong as i would have thought the correct normal running temp should be higher than 70deg.post-22282-0-00730300-1471379041_thumb.jpg

Ours is different to that. It never gets above the 80 mark at the top/or 175 at the bottom of the dial which is the same position as your 40 mark. So yes I assume yours has been changed Hope this helps.

Edited by tillergirl

When i am not running the engine hard the temp stays at 50 on the gauge but if i increase the load it gradually creeps up to between 60 and 70 on the gauge which in my mind is overheating.

If you believe that the reading of 50 is incorrect then what makes you think that 70 is overheating?

As the needle on the gauge is right over to the end. Everything in me thinks the needle shouldn't live that end. I need to source the correct gauge and fit but can't seem to find any info on the correct one.

As Tony said . Loads of car type temp gauge and senders on eBay think I paid less than a fiver for one from China. Most come with a 1/8 npt sender but you can get other sizes or simply get an adapter to whatever size the 'hole' is on the Perkins.