Legal and financial implications of using an accomodation swap for boat use.

Tony Brooks

Featured Posts

That is because Challenger used to sell 8% shares and thus retained a 4% interest in the boat, whereas Ownerships sold 1/12th shares, and had no financial interest in the boat.

I note that ABC were selling 8% shares in their share boats, thus retaining a financial interest in the bost. Not sure about the situation since the merger with BCBM.

The ABC share boat I had in share in (Eos) had12 x 8% shares and 1 x 4% share, thus no financial interest and the boat was privately licensed. From memory this was the basis on which they advertised all their share boats.

The ABC share boat I had in share in (Eos) had12 x 8% shares and 1 x 4% share, thus no financial interest and the boat was privately licensed. From memory this was the basis on which they advertised all their share boats.

Yes ABC adopted the Challenger model of 12x8% shares (4 weeks use) and 1x4% share (2 weeks use) for the boats that they built.

Oh, and if my suspicions are correct the first thing CaRT would do is cancel your license and the take legal action to get you off their waterway. That could include the taking and destruction of your boat.

I have a feeling they would first try to regularize the situation with you, and only resort to action along the lines you suggest if the offenders did not (would not, could not) cooperate or comply. The outcome is likely to be expensive - if obstinate - but possibly avoidable.

The first thing the defendant would do is lie through their teeth.

Many moons ago I was hit from behind by another car. The guy was driving on his fathers insurance except it quickly be came apparent that he wasn't. As I wanted to be paid out I referred to Mr Roberts rather than Mr Craig Roberts or Mr William Roberts in my claim.

The insurers were none the wiser.

Yes ABC adopted the Challenger model of 12x8% shares (4 weeks use) and 1x4% share (2 weeks use) for the boats that they built.

Thanks Brumsaint and Allan for clarifying the ABC position. We have friends who bought an 8% share in Aurora, they didn't mention thev4% share.