Just Licensed my boat

J R ALSOP

Featured Posts

I had a mixed experience this year.....my BSS had seemingly been wrongly logged on system...so the online licence renewal wouldn't recognise the number....I phoned craft licensing and after being on hold for 15 mins got told with short shrift that I needed to contact my examiner and it was nothing to do with them and they couldn't change anything.....so I did....and he got about as much joy from them..so much so that he was prepared to issue a new cert FOC to me as he was losing the will to live with them.

I then phoned again the next day...got straight through...the nice lady said no problem they will just change it there...which she did and I logged on and paid....

I must admit when I phoned the second time I was quite prepared for a fight but it just shows how a different person can change how you perceive a whole organisation.

Cheers

Gareth

I had a mixed experience this year.....my BSS had seemingly been wrongly logged on system...so the online licence renewal wouldn't recognise the number....I phoned craft licensing and after being on hold for 15 mins got told with short shrift that I needed to contact my examiner and it was nothing to do with them and they couldn't change anything.....so I did....and he got about as much joy from them..so much so that he was prepared to issue a new cert FOC to me as he was losing the will to live with them.

I then phoned again the next day...got straight through...the nice lady said no problem they will just change it there...which she did and I logged on and paid....

I must admit when I phoned the second time I was quite prepared for a fight but it just shows how a different person can change how you perceive a whole organisation.

Cheers

Gareth

This shows lack of leadership. Their common manager should strive for best practice, reward those who behave in that way and discipline those who don't.

However the ex-civil service mentality pervades CRT where everyone stives to do the least and disciplining or even sacking isn't really considered as an option.

This shows lack of leadership. Their common manager should strive for best practice, reward those who behave in that way and discipline those who don't.

However the ex-civil service mentality pervades CRT where everyone stives to do the least and disciplining or even sacking isn't really considered as an option.

The 'evidence' cited suggests that only 50% of CRT staff have that approach - certainly not 100%