Thames to Medway

Scholar Gypsy

Featured Posts

It was a fluke really as we only spent a couple of hours on the beach/foreshore at Shoebury. I was throwing stones at a beer can/watching the boats while misses and children collected stones and shells.

Nice day for boating :)

Typo

Edited by magnetman

It was a fluke really as we only spent a couple of hours on the beach/foreshore at Shoebury. I was throwing stones at a beer can/watching the boats while misses and children collected stones and shells.

Nice day for boating smile.png

Typo

Thanks - yes it was lovely weather. Hardly any wind, and not too much sun.

I meant to add that we were about 3.1 nm away (5,740 metres).

Is this a bit of a typo! ". On Sunday we set off at mid-tide, aiming to reach Southend-on-Sea at about low water, and then cruise up the Medway."

I suppose strictly I should have said "opposite Southend", but we got a good view of the pier.

Thanks, we didn't look quite as daft as the PG Tips monkeys that she retweeted on Monday.

https://twitter.com/thameswatch

Narrow boat Joesph (aka the Book barge) safely arrived in Calais on Monday evening, in a single hop from Queenborough (12 hours).

• 1 month later...

Well done to you all. Well planned Simon!!

... and more to the point thanks to Andy Spring, who organised the trip. I just did the website and a few ridiculous powerpoint presentations ....

Edited by Scholar Gypsy