Weaver in the Wet?

BEngo

Featured Posts

Think T West was opening them at the w,e, I went in ,but was told it is silted up on the left,opposite water point, and some rocks at the front, CART were there on Thursday fishing out debris.It is next to a communal dog walking , teenagers hangout by the looks, so reversed out again and stayed outside red lion. The boat lift is having a problem at the moment fully booked up as only one of the compartments is working apparently.

Its noisy but no problem until about 11pm Quite deep by the water point and then slowly shelves towards the end. at 2' 4" we can get to within about a boats length of the end. There were three of us there in a row last week. It looked shallow on the other side but understand they have done a bit of dredging in the passed week. The decking is deadly in the wet, just like ice. See http://nbharnser.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/devils-garden-monday-25-april-2016.html

Has anyone been to the new moorings on the flashes at Winsford..?

We did last year just after the weekend festival there. It was OK but very shallow in places but a converted working boat managed to get in and out just about OK.

• 2 weeks later...

We visited Winsford "Marina" this week. The new moorings, opposite the water point, were too shallow for us at 30". We got onto the end of the older moorings OK. Another boat had trouble mooring behind us, but was OK after he discovered the road works barrier lurking below his stern! As mentioned, the decking is lethal in the wet. There appeared to be no rubbish disposal facilities

We visited Winsford "Marina" this week. The new moorings, opposite the water point, were too shallow for us at 30". We got onto the end of the older moorings OK. Another boat had trouble mooring behind us, but was OK after he discovered the road works barrier lurking below his stern! As mentioned, the decking is lethal in the wet. There appeared to be no rubbish disposal facilities

I emailed the local council about it awarburton@winsford.gov.uk. maybe others should do the same.

This is the reply I received.

Dear Brian
Many thanks for your very helpful comments. We're doing our best to develop Winsford as a boating destination and I will discuss this issue with colleagues to ensure that action is taken to reduce any potential accidents.
Thankfully your wife managed to break her fall and I hope the near accident hasn't marred your visit to our town.
Kind regards
Alan Warburton
Town Clerk/Finance Officer
Winsford Town Council
Wyvern House, The Drumber
Winsford
CW7 1AH