Getting rid of Canada Geese from marinas

comfortably numb

Featured Posts

I know some people think of swans as pests, just try growing some crops in Norfolk and Suffolk anywhere near a waterway, but I think you would displace one "Pest" for a much worse one.

Well, oddly enough Brian, I live beside a Norfolk waterway (the Old River Nene, as you know) and I have never seen a Canada Goose on our stretch of it. Swans, ducks various, moorhens, but no C.G. I think the nearest I've seen them is Ely, where they mingle with those ducks with hangovers.

Edited by Athy

Well, oddly enough Brian, I live beside a Norfolk waterway (the Old River Nene, as you know) and I have never seen a Canada Goose on our stretch of it. Swans, ducks various, moorhens, but no C.G. I think the nearest I've seen them is Ely, where they mingle with those ducks with hangovers.

Around here in Suffolk we get them down close to the coast and coastal marches where they hammer the wheat and rape.

Edit Swans that is.

Edited by ditchcrawler

Athy,

There must be a forcefield holding them back from darkest fenland, just over the border we have plenty of the filthy things craping all around the grounds of Titchmarsh mill.

Unfortunately for me our idiot dog has a taste for goose sh!te; which is, quite frankly, rather gross!

I know a groundsman that around dusk waved (not pointed) a green laser at them and they would leave for a few days, apparently the green mimics the eye reflections of one of their predators in the wild. It certainly was an impressive site watching them all take off !.

Must be some merit to this.

I know of some waste recycling sites that employ an automatic commercial version of green laser to get rid of seagulls.....with great success apparently ?