Traditional Large Cratch Board Lamp/Light

GreyLady

Featured Posts

On a serious note I get the point that super bright lights are not necessary.

Yes, just to repeat what others have said. A medium power FOG light is ideal, not a spot.

Angled towards the roof it provides a perfect horseshoe of light which you can steer down the centre of, only moving over as an oncoming boat nears.

You can always fit such a spot inside an old one candlepower headlight if you want the effect.

George ex nb Alton retired

What can I say bloody newbies Ay!

Lol

I can see you are really suited to this, I look forward to meeting on the cut at some point, I am sure you will do well.

Edit for spelling, why don't spell checkers know what word I want to use.

Edited by ditchcrawler

Be prepared for abuse from oncoming boats in tunnels. Boating into a blinding tunnel light is very, very unpleasant

Richard

They won't see me because their eyes would be buggered Richard.

No

I will get a normal 7 inch lamp and point it up a little as advised.

Yes, just to repeat what others have said. A medium power FOG light is ideal, not a spot.

Angled towards the roof it provides a perfect horseshoe of light which you can steer down the centre of, only moving over as an oncoming boat nears.

You can always fit such a spot inside an old one candlepower headlight if you want the effect.

George ex nb Alton retired

Thanks George for your help.

Edited by GreyLady

They won't see me because their eyes would be buggered Richard.

No

I will get a normal 7 inch lamp and point it up a little as advised.

Thanks George for your help.

You'll be able to have a lovely conversation just after they crash into you

Ours is pointed down, the light reflects up off the water. It is a fog light though, not a headlamp

Richard

If you do get one of those lamps I linked you to Miss grey lady you have the option to flick it onto side light so as not to upset anyone.

Darren

Darren I had another butchers at the link but it's not loading on my phone, thanks I will have another look see tomorrow.

You'll be able to have a lovely conversation just after they crash into you

Ours is pointed down, the light reflects up off the water. It is a fog light though, not a headlamp

Richard

I always got confused with the fog light and headlamp switch things on the motorway Richard.

Hehe, fog light it is.

I learned something today. ☺

I have one of those Francis searchlights, but I've put a smaller bulb in it and angled it to the right and upwards. I've also spread the beam. I have never received any complaints from oncoming boaters.

I just wish I could remember to turn the thing off occasionally.