easter weekend

Featured Posts

Subject to the level of the Trent, I'll be doing Nottingham to Alvecote, my first trip as crew with the Narrow Boat Trust, which is also my first bit of boating of the year. I'm really looking forward to this. One week back at work after Easter, then 1st April is my retirement day, and after a trip to Canada I'm hoping to put a lot more boating in my calendar for the rest of the year. Certain dates are sacred though; if Palace win their FA Cup semi final I want to be sat in front of my telly on 21st May.

Nantwich You can buy a wrist band for £8 this gets you into pubs not bad if you like live music

I stand to be corrected. Yes, you can buy a wrist band for £8, but, according to the website you have to pay to see the bands,in the pubs. I gather that there will be music elsewhere, like in the 'square', if there is one, and the smaller venues.

So,what is the £8 for, other than a wristband.

Martyn

What has everyone got planned for the upcoming Easter weekend?

The wife and I shall be heading to Bugsworth Basin for a shandy or two in the Navigation

There is a festival and trading boats at Bugsworth Basin - get there early!

Subject to the level of the Trent, I'll be doing Nottingham to Alvecote, my first trip as crew with the Narrow Boat Trust, which is also my first bit of boating of the year. I'm really looking forward to this. One week back at work after Easter, then 1st April is my retirement day, and after a trip to Canada I'm hoping to put a lot more boating in my calendar for the rest of the year. Certain dates are sacred though; if Palace win their FA Cup semi final I want to be sat in front of my telly on 21st May.

Peter - ever thought of volunteering for Hillingdon Narrowboat Association? They got 5 boats incl a hysteric historic relic.

http://www.hna.org.uk/