January sale & new Windlass unveiled

Trafalgar Marine

Featured Posts

Not stainless steel ones though.

Depends on the grade of stainless.

Either way, your are still hugely reducing the change of getting it to stick by making 90% of it out of a non-ferrous material.

However, as said, your fairly unlikely to get your own back if you get anything back anyway!

So commercial advertising is now permitted on the forum? What prompted this change?

Adversing has always been a the digression of the site owner, its been in the site rules since long before I was the site owner, most of a decade!

Generic unsolicited spam is always removed, as is adverts that are posted without permission, at least until conversation as been had to retrospectively gain permission.

However, if a canal related supplier approaches me, with what appears to be a reasonable request to place an advert which I think fits with the site and will be of use and or interest to the members, that as is the case here it is allowed.

Daniel

Adversing has always been a the digression of the site owner, its been in the site rules since long before I was the site owner, most of a decade!

Generic unsolicited spam is always removed, as is adverts that are posted without permission, at least until conversation as been had to retrospectively gain permission.

However, if a canal related supplier approaches me, with what appears to be a reasonable request to place an advert which I think fits with the site and will be of use and or interest to the members, that as is the case here it is allowed.

Daniel

And a very reasonable approach that is too.

I was pleased when I recently reported a lengthy advertising post which appeared here (for a product which was probably of some peripheral interest to canal boaters), that the post soon disappeared, and that I got a PM from one of the mods thanking those of us who had reported it. Shows that the system is working.

I have reported many 'advertising' posts and had the same experience, nearly reported this one but thankfully Daniel had posted to say it had been approved.

I did report this one, because nothing at the time said it was authorised - Dan gave me a quick explanation when I did.

i am reminded that "Canal Shop Man" regularly did relatively low level advertising in his posts, when he used to be on here regularly, and it seemed rarely to be challenged!