stove cement?

paulstoke1975

Featured Posts

A 2 inch square peace of the cement has just fallen off the inside of the stove any idea where I can get a replacement tub from?

Hi

Loads of places to include most chandlers and Wickes for instance.

Tim

Any idea of make and model of stove? May help constructive suggestions. If it has come from a firebrick, then replacements should be available. If it is a piece of patching cement, then hardware outlets can supply. If you want something a little better, then Rayburn spares stockists sell a product called Fortafix which isused to seal and hold in place the ceramics in pressure jet combustion chambers which get much hotter than your stove.

yes it is afire brick no ive done a bit of a web search, its from the side wall,

the stove is a stovax stockton 3

You should be able to get spare firebricks - a stove shop or off the internet. You shouldn't repair it with fire cement as its a different material that will conduct more heat, and probably not last long in direct contact with combustion.

https://www.stovaxspares.com/drawing1/stockton-3-multi-fuel-stove/

Edited by nicknorman

I had a similar problem with the rear firebrick partially disintegrating on my Morso Squirrel; cracks appeared and a small chunk fell off. I patched it up with Kos fire cement and its has made a good solid repair. I've just checked the instuctions on the tub and it states: "Can be used for domestic and commercial appliances on firebricks....resistant to temperatures up to 1250C".

Hi,

I have just had the same problem with my Aarrow.

I went down to my local stove centre to order a new brick and was told to measure it up and they would cut me one.

They stock sheet material and cut it out. Only £13 and it took 10 mins.

Dave