This is an appalling attitude by CRT to ethnic people

Laurence Hogg

Featured Posts

What do you think happens when the report button is used?

I can assure you it is far from a magic button, each report is processed which takes time and often involves reading through the thread in question, other post be the member if required, and then effecting and detailing the actions deemed suitable.

Daniel

Fair comment. I imagined the 'report' button would serve as a 'complaint' from someone who was actually offended, and thus alert the Staff for further attention.

If no-one presses it, then surely no-one is actually offended. In that case, why filter stuff out?

If no-one presses it, then surely no-one is actually offended. In that case, why filter stuff out?

The majority of removed content is on the basis of someone reporting it.

This thread generated multiple reports from concerned members.

Daniel

I'm wandering if one of the names placed on the woman's election page was maybe not a "friend". Perhaps a boater or something?

Manually typed in I guess?

i guess some friends are also volunteers or boaters and thus would have several passwords and be entitled to vote in different categories. But the system should have made it impossible to log into the wrong category , if you could in fact do it - how would ERS know?

Well I was allowed to either put myself forward, or support others in two different categories - Boat Owner and Volunteer.

As such I received two different emails that each had a link the pre-loaded a different unique code, and one took me directly to a page for the boater elections, the other to one for volunteer elections.

If I had wished to try and abuse either to nominate or support in an election I was not entitled to, (e.g. Friend or CRT Volunteer), I can't see any way it would have been possible.

As Roger Hanbuy's reply doesn't actually say how somebody got to support this candidate when they should not have been able to, we can only guess. But my guess is that someone not eligible to got mailed a dedicated link by ERS that allowed them to. Whether that was CRT supplying a wrong list for them to use, or some internal error in ERS' systems is impossible to say, but in my many years of experience in computing exceptions like this are often wrong data going in in the first place.

If people have captured a page from the ERS site that shows 5 people were able to support this candidate, I really cannot see how either the candidate or the supporter could have manipulated that.

Well I was allowed to either put myself forward, or support others in two different categories - Boat Owner and Volunteer.

As such I received two different emails that each had a link the pre-loaded a different unique code, and one took me directly to a page for the boater elections, the other to one for volunteer elections.

If I had wished to try and abuse either to nominate or support in an election I was not entitled to, (e.g. Friend or CRT Volunteer), I can't see any way it would have been possible.

As Roger Hanbuy's reply doesn't actually say how somebody got to support this candidate when they should not have been able to, we can only guess. But my guess is that someone not eligible to got mailed a dedicated link by ERS that allowed them to. Whether that was CRT supplying a wrong list for them to use, or some internal error in ERS' systems is impossible to say, but in my many years of experience in computing exceptions like this are often wrong data going in in the first place.

If people have captured a page from the ERS site that shows 5 people were able to support this candidate, I really cannot see how either the candidate or the supporter could have manipulated that.

Tis definitely a bit smelly. Not the mistake, but the way it's being explained.

There are a lot of sensitive souls on here these days......much easier to press a button than actully take part in any sort of debate.

Cheers

Gareth

And I have reported this for being off topic. Could you start another thread if you wanna debate the forum?

And I have reported this for being off topic. Could you start another thread if you wanna debate the forum?

Really? I didn't have you down as one of them!.....best report most of the thread while you are at it!......have you never been in a conversation which has evolved?.....perhaps not when thinking about it!

Cheers

Gareth