Well done CRT - Licence renewal

bassplayer

Featured Posts

Our marina like to process it themselves rather than me doing it online. I assume that they get a fee for this, good to stay on the right side of them....

What has your licence application got to do with the company you rent a mooring from, it is between you and CRT.

Don't you think its a strange title for a thread,why would you want to congratulate

CRT? perhaps its indicative of how low our expectations have become.

I am genuinely not embarking on a CRT bash,its just there doesn't seem much

to be enthusiastic about.I am still annoyed about the winter mooring situation I guess

Edited by CDS

Our marina like to process it themselves rather than me doing it online. I assume that they get a fee for this, good to stay on the right side of them....

Thats a bit strange is it not? good to stay on the right side of who?

I understood that most marinas/commercial mooring locations have a duty to ensure all boats moored there are fully insured, have a valid BSS and a up-to-date licence, if not to satisfy CRT then their own insurers.

Insurance and BSS yes, but not ever had any marina involvement in licencing, CRT have there own licence checkers go round marinas checking licences. How many marinas actuall are CRT agents for licencing anyway?

Insurance and BSS yes, but not ever had any marina involvement in licencing, CRT have there own licence checkers go round marinas checking licences. How many marinas actuall are CRT agents for licencing anyway?

How about those BW ones? I'll bet they have spies...

I contacted C&RT because my license renewal still showed me in Aston Marina on the T&M rather than Greenham Lock Cottage on the K&A. They replied that they were aware that I was now based on the K&A, not surprising as I had informed them. They identified my mooring as Greenham Island, for anyone who does not know the Newbury moorings there are three small marinas, Greenham Island, Greenham Lock Cottage and Ham Manor marina, all run by different owners. C&RT only have the first one on their system because it seems you do not need a license in either of the other two, Ham Manor can issue a license apparently.

Really useful as I do not intend to use the boat this year, having had it repainted I intend to refurbish the interior.

Sorted the boating fix though, two weeks on the Canal Du Midi on a fat boat next summer.

Ken

They do.

When I was at Burfield Island Boat Club they went one step further and insisted on it.

Any boater renewing directly with (then) BW was invoiced for the commission the boat club missed out on. 15% IIRC.

So I'd imagine the 15% CRT don't pay when we renew on line pays a good chunk of CRT's IT costs.

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Yes, it is 15%.

Our boat club are agents, and give members a tenner of it back if you licence through them.

The interesting wrinkle is that with the new online system you no longer get a prefilled renewal form sent to you.

You now have to manually fill out a full application, which seems unlikely to encourage members to use agents. There does not appear to be an option to print your details from the online system, and I can not see CRT wanting to develop one at a cost of 15% or all renewals done this way.

My boat club is an agent too but we only receive 5% commission.

It should be possible to print out the 'invoice' attached to the email which invites renewal and attach it to the agent's forms much as previously.

I'm sure there used to be a list of licence agencies on the BW website but I can't find it on CRT. This is a shame as I believe some boaters still prefer to renew in person than through the post or electronically. Without the list of agents, they are restricted to CRT offices.