Missing Boat/er

julielucy

Featured Posts

Okay - friendly boaters out there. I desperately need your help. The police are helping me look for a missing person. I know I have posted on here before but we are desperate to find Joe Todd. He lives onboard his 45 ft traditional narrowboat. Index number 65542 At the moment only got red lead paint on it. The boat is a bit scruffy looking and chimney is usually smoking. Joe has a distinct beard and Geordie accent.. He usually goes for a pint on an evening. He moves around everyday and Canal and River Trust say his boat was last logged as at Braunston 22nd September. His family has not heard from him for 5 weeks now.
Please keep a look out and if you can think of any ideas for how to find him - please let me or police know. North Yorkshire police are dealing with this as it is where I am based. Please contact 101 North Yorkshire. I do not have a crime number.

Edited by julielucy

Other than having a "distinct beard & Gordie accent" could you supply further details; color of hair, approx age, slight or heavy set, race, height and so on.

Or better still if you post a picture of the boat or Joe or both, I think you'll have a much better chance of someone recognizing him and getting in touch with the police.

Good Luck in your search

ETA - just came across this pic on facebook https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204858845502982&set=gm.10156152269700352&type=3

Edited by Bettie Boo

I was talking to him on the towpath opposite the boathouse at braunston on the 22nd at about midday ish. (I left at 12.30)Nice chap we were having a good laugh. His beard is longer now than his photo. Said he had been stuck at Braunston for a week while he was waiting for a prescription -which he had just got and was keen to get moving again-I think he was heading North but I am not sure. Sorry if this is not much help- wishing Joe well from the bloke outside the boatman , moving a boat, when you see him...

Yes we think we have definite sighting of him going into Stourport today, however I still have not spoken to him so if you do see him again my number is 07737559163 and I am Julie, Good to hear all your kind words and yes beard is disgustingly longer.