The budget

Ernie

Featured Posts

Be interesting to see if there is any mention of tax changes to diesel for pleasure craft use today ??

I for one hope the answer is no as I have a diesel Bubble stove, a diesel generator for electric and of course the engine.

I don't have space for two tanks and suspect that two types of diesel will not be available on the cut in any case due to the cost to suppliers for tanks and pumps.

My fingers are crossed for a continued delay……

There's only one canal in Scotland so I don't think Mc Broon will be to bothered :lol:

Which one would that be then:

The Caledonian, the Crinan, the Forth & Clyde, the Monklands or the Edinburgh & Glasgow Union?

Edited by carlt

Taken from "Budget Policy Decisions" (http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/media/73B/A4/bud07_chaptera_235.pdf)

Fuel duties

A.93 As announced in the 2006 Pre-Budget Report, with effect from 7 December 2006, an

inflation-based rise in main road fuel duty was introduced. With effect from the same date the

differentials with biofuels, rebated oils and compressed natural gas duty rates were

maintained, and the differential with liquefied petroleum gas was decreased by 1 penny per

litre (ppl). (y)(z)(aa)

A.94 With effect from 1 October 2007 there will be a 2ppl increase in man road fuel duties.

On 1 April 2008 and 1 April 2009 respectively rates will rise by 2ppl and then 1.84ppl.

Consequential changes will be made to road fuel gas and biofuel duty rates in line with

previous commitments. (45)

A.95 Road fuel gases differentials were previously announced until 2008-2009. The

compresssed natural gas differential will be maintained until 2009-10 and the liquified

petroleum gas differential will decrease each year by 1ppl on 1 October 2007, 1 April 2008 and

1 April 2009. (48)

A.96 The 20ppl duty incentive for biofuels is already guaranteed until 2008-09. It will be

now extended until 2009-10. (47)

A.97 The differential between main road fuel and rebated oils duties will be maintained in

2007-08. In the subsequent two years rebated oils rates will increase by the same proportions

as main road fuel duties. (46)

Extending biofuels to other users

A.99 As announced in the 2006 Pre-Budget Report, with effect from 1 March 2007, red

diesel and biodiesel blends may be used in approved pilot schemes at the red diesel rate

(7.69ppl). (*)

The best budget news appears to be for those of use who are pensioners . . .

On red diesel, I think I'll start a new thread with the news that we have a 'stay of execution' until after November 2008.

Edited by NB Alnwick

Can't believe you haven't read the budget in full :lol::lol: Page 165 of the budget notes covers red diesel. It says, "...informal discussions have already begun with representatives from the boating and aviation sectors on options for implementation. Formal consultation on new regimes will be held later in the year....the changes will take effect on and after 1 November 2008.

Mike

And how about the Dingwall, Aberdeenshire, Glasgow Paisley & Johnstone, St Fergus/River Ugie canals and more. Scotland certainly had a lot that were, arent anymore and not even given any sort of mention now. One canal in Scotland indeed! :lol: