Redhill Boat Show 30th Aug to 1st Sept 2015

umpire111

Featured Posts

attended this so called boat show yesterday. £5 admission charge and after entering found a few boats for sale from the Nottingham Boat Company (had to book to view) but other than that there was virtaully nothing of interest. The KIngs Chandlery staff admitted disappointment at the show quality and they had a very few items for sale, paint, lifejackets and a "make me an offer" box.. Discussed this with the entrance staff and clearly they were embarrassed and defensive.

Would welcome other views before I write to magazines and post on other social media sites as would like a cross section of views.

attended this so called boat show yesterday. £5 admission charge and after entering found a few boats for sale from the Nottingham Boat Company (had to book to view) but other than that there was virtaully nothing of interest. The KIngs Chandlery staff admitted disappointment at the show quality and they had a very few items for sale, paint, lifejackets and a "make me an offer" box.. Discussed this with the entrance staff and clearly they were embarrassed and defensive.

Would welcome other views before I write to magazines and post on other social media sites as would like a cross section of views.

Yes agree with that, we went as well, what a waste of £5.00 and the 30mins it took us to walk around.

Just nothing there and no interest from the people that were on the self fit out boats.

We made the mistake of going last year and vowed never again. Nothing there to see, no boats to view unless you pre booked and only a couple of boat related stalls with hardly anything to sell! Complete waste of time and money.

Did have a nice walk along the river though, but could of done that and not wasted the entry fee!

Tom and Becky

We made the mistake of going last year and vowed never again. Nothing there to see, no boats to view unless you pre booked and only a couple of boat related stalls with hardly anything to sell! Complete waste of time and money.

Same here, we felt ripped off, the only time we'll ever go near there again is if we cruise past.

If this event is organized and run by the landowner and proprietor of Redhill Marina, Richard Morley, then I can only say that I'm surprised that anyone attending this got away with being twisted out of as little as £5 in return for bugger all, . . he normally sets his sights much higher than that.

Edited by Tony Dunkley

We should have a topic, whereby we could review shows, so potential customers, and members of this forum can be forewarned, or indeed encouraged to go or not.

I say this with a certain amount of feeling regarding a big local show which split into two this year.