Featured Posts

I had a strange one last night where I was still signed in (also confirmed by my status) but the thread headings list were all 'greyed' out in General Boating (as if I wasnt signed in). A refresh by closing the web page down, shutting down Safari (the browser) and re-opening it, fixed it.

The good news is that I've not had any memory errors for days now. Well done guys...

I don't sign out either, but some people feel the need.

I see no harm in just shutting down the PC, or walking away from it. Why do people feel obliged to sign out?

Doesn't fix the problem though for people who want to sign out, but for people who are under the impression that is is necessary to sign out, it isn't!

MtB

P.S. Actually I can imagine one good reason to sign out. To stop other people using your PC to write rubbish on CWF in your name!

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

If it helps I have this problem too - only since the recent problems started. I am using Firefox on my laptop, and this is how I am dealing with it.

I open a new tab on my browser and click on the 3 horizontal bars at the top right, just below the red 'x'. This opens a small box and I click on 'Options in the bottom left corner. This opens a page with a menu on the left.I click advanced at the bottom of this menu and click on 'Network' on the table that appears. I then click 'Clear now' on 'Cached Web Content' I do this twice so I can see that I am using 0 bytes of disk space. Now if I go to CWDF I can sign out. Unfortunately, next time I sign in I will have to repeat the whole procedure, but it has worked for me and is much quicker to do than to explain.

Hope this helps.

Hello

I seem to be unable to sign out .

Have tried several times but it is just not happening.

never had this problem before.

This was an issue I raised yesterday. The only way I've found of fixing the problem, every time I need to sign out, is to delete my browsing history. Some people stay signed in, but I have to sign out, otherwise I have other problems. For one, New contents; Trying to use that only gets me the response - Sorry no new contents found, more or less a blank space below that information. The other problem is, after posting, the site will not refresh and show it in the contents page. If I use the go back arrow, in the top left of the screen, I can sometimes get back to New Content, but without it showing my last post.

When I joined the site, it was possible to stay signed and use the forum without any problems. Flicking from thread to thread, posting and then going to new contents.

I use IE, and always have.

Edited by Higgs

Can the people having issues post the following info:

Whether on a mobile device or normal computer;

Whether they use both mobile and computer; or more than 2 devices concurrently signed in;

The make and browser of each device;

The ISP of each device;

Whether they've already tried to clear the cache.

Thanks

I am thinking its a dynamic caching issue to do with a few ISPs.

For those of you using Firefox, why not set up under advanced options clear cache (and or history) when you shut Firefox. I do both. It firstly makes FF perform a bit quicker. Plus makes it impossible for people to follow your history. In these days of security, it probably makes sense for most of us. You can do the same in IE, and as this is a bit of renowned bloatware makes even more sense.

Can the people having issues post the following info:

Whether on a mobile device or normal computer;

Whether they use both mobile and computer; or more than 2 devices concurrently signed in;

The make and browser of each device;

The ISP of each device;

Whether they've already tried to clear the cache.

Thanks

I am thinking its a dynamic caching issue to do with a few ISPs.

Without being absolutely sure, I could probably put all of the problems down to the time I starting using the marina supplied internet access. To get the internet, I first have to sign in to a portal. Must try someone else's internet, on a standard direct link, to check it out.at some point.

Just a signing out problem still. I have cleared cache ect. I sign out by just closing and re-opening my browser, click back onto the forum and sign out, no problem really. Toshiba laptop, Vista, Firefox. The same thing happens on my Notebook, Lenovo flex10, 8.1, Firefox. Signing out using IE on my Toshiba works ok. So it looks like its mainly a Firefox issue.

All internet by (3) Paygo Dongle.

Edited by bizzard

I don't sign out either, but some people feel the need.

I see no harm in just shutting down the PC, or walking away from it. Why do people feel obliged to sign out?

Doesn't fix the problem though for people who want to sign out, but for people who are under the impression that is is necessary to sign out, it isn't!

MtB

P.S. Actually I can imagine one good reason to sign out. To stop other people using your PC to write rubbish on CWF in your name!

Hey Mike, can I borrow your lappy.

Phil

Hello

I seem to be unable to sign out .

Have tried several times but it is just not happening.

never had this problem before.

Thank you all for advice problem now seems to be sorted .Still not 100% sure why or how this happened

but my Daughter put Canal Forum onto my mobile whilst the forum was inactive. once this was removed from mobile

phone I was able to sign out

Just a signing out problem still. I have cleared cache ect. I sign out by just closing and re-opening my browser, click back onto the forum and sign out, no problem really. Toshiba laptop, Vista, Firefox. The same thing happens on my Notebook, Lenovo flex10, 8.1, Firefox. Signing out using IE on my Toshiba works ok. So it looks like its mainly a Firefox issue.

All internet by (3) Paygo Dongle.

It's the same on safari, Apple ios8, not OS X though