Warwick moorings.

MoominPapa

Featured Posts

We're heading towards Warwick, assuming that we would stop in the Saltisford Arm, but having just talked to the office they're full tomorrow night, so that's not possible. My memory is that leaving a boat unattended on the towpath for a couple of days somewhere around the Cape is fine, but I'd like reassurance from the locals if possible. We need to be within walking distance of a supermarket and railway station.

MP.

I'm down by Leamington on what I can only assume are reconditioned moorings. Smart towpath, New rings and Even streetlights! Complete change from when we were last here. Leamington station is roughly 5 mins walk. Am here till Saturday if you want an eye kept on your boat.

Edited by jenlyn

Last June we parked for 3 nights just to the west of the bridge at Kate's (rental boats), and then 1 night beside Tescos - no problems Bit of a stretch into town though, which is why we used our bicycles. Probably a bus service along that big road.

You could stock up as you go past Tesco or Lidl, both are very close, and have rings to moor up on.

Lidl is an easy walk to Leamington Station.

Once you've sorted the Supermarket shop you could move on and moor just below or above Hatton Bottom lock, and you are very close to Warwick Parkway.

If I understand Jenlyn correctly I think he's between the station and Lidl moorings. We've left Tawny there (or to be more accurate my son did!) for a week with no problems.

Not sure I'd leave a boat unattended between there and Radford Semele, I've heard others have had problems, but it might well be fine.

From Lidl onwards I've not heard of too many problems, and that includes the Cape.

Quite a walk to a supermarket or a station from the Cape though.

If you're knackered when you reach the top of Hatton, do feel free to breast up to Tawny if there are no spaces.

Sue

We spent a couple of nights last summer at the visitor moorings near Kate boats and apart from a lot of cycles there was no problem

There are moorings outside Lidl and you go past tesco as well

One of the nights I walked back to Tesco which wasn't too far

The bridge by Kate boats is the closest one to Warwick town centre and it is about a 20min stroll

In the end we left the boat on the Leamington moorings, in Jenlyn's capable hands. Thanks for keeping an eye. Today we stopped at Lidl for a big cheap shop, then went on to Tescos to buy all the stuff they don't sell in Lidl. Warwick/Leamington seems to have an amazingly full set of supermarkets - we could also have been to Aldi, Morrisons, Sainsburys and the Co-op. No Waitrose, as far as I know.

Now moored at the bottom of Hatton ready for the assault tomorrow. Anyone fancying a bit of locking is welcome to come along and join the fun!

MP.

ETA. The only problem with the Leamington moorings is that being on the end nearest to the road bridge, put us right in the firing-line for the vent fan on the back of the Mexican take-away and its delicious smells - I spent the whole time feeling hungy.

Edited by MoominPapa