Captain wanted

Captain Zim

Featured Posts

Hi. Sorry if this post breaks the rules. If it does, feel free to whip it down of course. The reason I am posting is because I really dont know how else to get this message out to the right people, or the people who may be interested.

I have a historic boat that is now suddenly and unexpectedly available for rent as a business. It would make a lovely skippered hotel/hostel/b and b/day trip boat. I am not interested in letting it for residential use.

I am not looking for silly money. I want to partner up with someone who would be interested in doing this for work. I provide the boat, you provide the manpower/skills. After costs we split the rest. As I own the boat outright, costs are low. Licence, insurance, maintenance.

If you are interested, PM me. I am looking for someone to do this either in the south east, or the north east as these are the two spots I am able to help out.

I know some may be upset at me posting this but it is a real opportunity for someone to start their own business on the waterways so I thought you might cut me some slack.

Please only respond if you are serious, have or are happy to get the helmsman's qualification, and understand how much work is involved in something like this.

Looking to start Jan 2016 but could go sooner depending on what you tell me.

Ta

Zim

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. Sorry if this post breaks the rules. If it does, feel free to whip it down of course. The reason I am posting is because I really dont know how else to get this message out to the right people, or the people who may be interested.

I have a historic boat that is now suddenly and unexpectedly available for rent as a business. It would make a lovely skippered hotel/hostel/b and b/day trip boat. I am not interested in letting it for residential use.

I am not looking for silly money. I want to partner up with someone who would be interested in doing this for work. I provide the boat, you provide the manpower/skills. After costs we split the rest. As I own the boat outright, costs are low. Licence, insurance, maintenance.

If you are interested, PM me. I am looking for someone to do this either in the south east, or the north east as these are the two spots I am able to help out.

I know some may be upset at me posting this but it is a real opportunity for someone to start their own business on the waterways so I thought you might cut me some slack.

Please only respond if you are serious, have or are happy to get the helmsman's qualification, and understand how much work is involved in something like this.

Looking to start Jan 2016 but could go sooner depending on what you tell me.

Ta

Zim

Is this boat converted or unconverted? If converted, what is the level of fit out?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late replies. I've had so many things on the go recently that this one was over-looked for a bit. Thanks for all the responses. Junior, barge is ready to go fitted out as my home so quite nice. Ben J, it would be possible on any broad canal but south would be easier. PM's now responded to! Sorry again. Cheers